• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Announcing the Release of STRADIVARI SOLO VIOLIN 2.0

Share/Bookmark

Announcing the Release of STRADIVARI SOLO VIOLIN 2.0

STRADIVARI SOLO VIOLIN 2.0 NOW SHIPPING!
    Created by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato and Gary Garritan

Release 2.0 Offers Significant New Functionality
    and is now bundled with the Kontakt 2 Player

We are pleased to announce that the Stradivari Solo Violin 2.0, the latest version of the award winning virtual solo violin software created by an Italian team in collaboration with Garritan, is now shipping. The new release makes this acclaimed library not just a new version, but a new plug-in instrument integrating the Native Instrument Kontakt 2 sample player (you no longer need a stand-alone copy of Kontakt 2).

The major enhancement to the Stradivari Solo Violin include new Samples with a "Lyrical" instrument has been added for a fuller, sweeter and more dramatic tone, in addition to a "Classic" instrument, so there are in effect two violins to choose from. Performance and stability are improved with reduced CPU multiple instruments can be loaded and played in real time on a single computer. There is improved legato and note transitions, new bow change features, sustain pizzicato and other features in this new version.

The Stradivari Solo Violin 2.0 represents a major step forward in software musical instrument technology. The inclusion of the Kontakt 2 Players means that this instrument can work as a plug-in in a variety of Mac and PC sequencers, DAWs, hosts and notation programs.

Thanks to the exclusive "Sonic Morphing" technology, the Stradivari is the only solo string library that lets you seamlessly crossfade among dynamics (pp to ff), continuously control the onset, rate and speed of the vibrato, and shape articulations in real time. The result of these technologies is extraordinary levels of realism, expressiveness and virtuosic performance capabilities in a way that preserves the natural characteristics of the Stradivari Violin. This instrument leaps to life beneath your fingertips!

Here is a demo of the Stradivari 2.0 performed by David Hearn:
    http://www.garritan.com/Strad/ForClaire.mp3
    More demos coming soon.

Release 2.0 of the Stradivari Solo Violin is available now for a price of $199 (+SH) Existing Stradivari 1.x customers can upgrade for a cost of $29 (+SH). You can order your copy at http://www.garritan.com
    and participating distributors and retailers. MacIntel compatibility upgrade expected within the next few weeks.

Re: Announcing the Release of STRADIVARI SOLO VIOLIN 2.0

Just ordered mine.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

When you say it's available now what does that really mean?

If I ordered my upgrade today when would it ship?

Quote Originally Posted by panzerD
    When you say it's now shipping what does that really mean?

If I ordered my upgrade today when would it ship?

It means what it says -it is shipping NOW, todayish, at once, immediately, right away, forthwith, pronto, straighaway, instantly, post-haste,

If you ordered the upgrade today, it will ship today (or tomorrow if we miss the cutoff time today).

Gary Garritan

Great! I love the tone of the new demo!

I hope something like that is applied to the Cello coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    It means what it says -it is shipping NOW, todayish, at once, immediately, right away, forthwith, pronto, straighaway, instantly, post-haste,

If you ordered the upgrade today, it will ship today (or tomorrow if we miss the cutoff time today).

Gary Garritan
    Yay Gary! I can't remember when I first asked about Stadivari 2.0, hehe, but I'm sure I filled your inbox on occasion with all my questions

Now it's released and I'm excited. I ordered the upgrade and I finally ordered GPO to go with it

Let the composition begin
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Neato, I've been looking forward to this, since I don't have Kontakt.

What are the disk space requirements? I haven't seen any information on this, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place...

Thanks,
    chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Existing Stradivari 1.x customers can upgrade for a cost of $29 (+SH).
    Has to be the "No Brainer of the Year Award"!
    Ordered immediately (shipping to Europe is dearer than the upgrade itself!).
    How much longer for the Gofriller Cello? (itching to get my hands on that!)
    And then, a viola, possibly?
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Thank you Gary!

Will the upgrade be available through Time and Space in the UK? I'm afraid the delivery from the States is a little steep. And there's no guarantee that the $40 would be the end of the story - many couriers seem to charge additional fees, which they pretend they incurred at customs, and I quite often get whacked with a second bill later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    Thank you Gary!

Will the upgrade be available through Time and Space in the UK? I'm afraid the delivery from the States is a little steep. And there's no guarantee that the $40 would be the end of the story - many couriers seem to charge additional fees, which they pretend they incurred at customs, and I quite often get whacked with a second bill later on.
    Pingu,
    Time and Space should have a Strad shipment tomorrow for new orders, however, updates are only available directly. Because there's new samples, new features and a new instrument we needed to maufacture a new DVD, print a new manual and incure license fees for the K2 player. So basically we are breaking even on the update. Perhaps there is another way? I am open to sugggestions.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum