• Register
  • Help

Topic: Saving K2 Multi Under New Name

Share/Bookmark

Saving K2 Multi Under New Name

I've decided it is about time I figured out problems I have been having with LD's Shizit 2 multi due to my technological deficiencies.

I now have everything loaded in a single Lyrical Distortion folder. Within it I have a multi folder, an instrument folder and a sample folder.

Unfortunately, the sample folder is not perfectly set up. Although the LD 1 samples reside there (not in subfolders). The LD 2 samples came in many subfolders, which I do not have the patience to unpack.

But, I figured out that I can manually direct Kontakt to the sample folder so it found pretty much everything. (I had to separately direct it to a skins folder, but there was still one "hardware,tga" folder that it never found.)

Anyway, now when I tried to save the new multi with a new name so I wouldn't have to do this again, it started recopying the .wav files. So my question is: how can I simply save this as a new multi, without it copying all the wave files (and without replacing the original shizit m2 multi)? I would think this is a softball for all you folks.

Also, if anyone know what the "hardware.tga" file is, please let me know.

Thanks.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: Saving K2 Multi Under New Name

the hardware.tga is in the kontakt2 programs folder

kontakt 2/presets/wallpaper

When you go to save the multi, on the lowerpart of the save dialog, select "patch only"

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Dirk
    the hardware.tga is in the kontakt2 programs folder

kontakt 2/presets/wallpaper

When you go to save the multi, on the lowerpart of the save dialog, select "patch only"
    Thanks, Aaron.

Why does the shizit multi include the hardware.tga? Should I track it down or is it insignificant?

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

It's just a skin for the release instrument. You can skip it(you can reselect it from the instrument option menu), or search it (I find the "browse for folder" in the search dialog, the quickest way). Either way, the multi functions the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Dirk
    It's just a skin for the release instrument. You can skip it(you can reselect it from the instrument option menu), or search it (I find the "browse for folder" in the search dialog, the quickest way). Either way, the multi functions the same.
    Thanks, Aaron.

jeffn1

Go Back to forum