• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sonar 6-GS 3.02

Share/Bookmark

Sonar 6-GS 3.02

On the good advise I got on this forum, having long-lasting stucked note problems using HomeStudio 2004, I got Sonar 6.
    Prompt delivery, no problems installing it. Sounds better than HS as my advisors promised. When trying to direct GS to Sonar 6, I can not make GS accept Somar 6, it reports that there is no application selected. Be this as it may, everything is working as it should?!? I can start Sonar from GS.
    However, there most be some weird thing going on with my audio setup. When I open windows mixer and got to Recording, there is nothing showing on that window. While I can record MIDI no problem and I can also capture my work in Sonar 6 in GS, if I try recording audio in Sonar from playing back my Sonar-created work, nothing is recorded. I am sure this is a small mistake on my part, but nothing seems to be out of whack either in GS or in Sonar. ( P4, 3, 2000 RAM, Sonar on same dedicated PC, AP2496 soundcard)
    Would like some help...please.

Ted

Re: Sonar 6-GS 3.02

To use Sonar you must start GS first unless you want to GS in Rewire mode.

You should also update GS to 3.20.

Thanks Kite:

I did not say it, but I do start GS first always. I made a mistake, I am using 3.2, not 3.02.
    Thanks anyway
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Vanya
    Thanks Kite:

I did not say it, but I do start GS first always. I made a mistake, I am using 3.2, not 3.02.
    Thanks anyway
    Ted
    How is 3.2 working for you? I'm asking cause me and others can not load more than 40% memory with this update, wich is 33% reduction from what i could load in 3.12(60%). I get an error message at that point.

Thanks!

I did not see any difference so far, but I'll check and post on this thread i a few minutes.
    How is this for speedy answer? Running the Memory test just now, using preset 2, I have 1011 MB or 66% available, which is the same as it was before 3.2.

Ted

When I open windows mixer and got to Recording, there is nothing showing on that window. While I can record MIDI no problem and I can also capture my work in Sonar 6 in GS, if I try recording audio in Sonar from playing back my Sonar-created work, nothing is recorded. I am sure this is a small mistake on my part, but nothing seems to be out of whack either in GS or in Sonar. ( P4, 3, 2000 RAM, Sonar on same dedicated PC, AP2496 soundcard)
    Would like some help...please.

Ted
    Just curious, were you able to do this before? Do you have G3 set ti record when the sequencer starts?

Your thinking is similar to mine, I did try with GS recording on (I always keep it on) and thinking maybe this is the problem tried it off too. No difference. No, I was not able to do recording in HS either. It must be something in audio set up, recording is not available in windows recorder either, it is greyed out. A bummer...

Thanks

Ted

Hello Ted,
    I'd heard of problems with HS4 and GS. I've found no difference even when I use the producer edition. Overall would you rate Sonar 6's compatibility better than those?
    -Rajay

I did not see any difference so far, but I'll check and post on this thread i a few minutes.
    How is this for speedy answer? Running the Memory test just now, using preset 2, I have 1011 MB or 66% available, which is the same as it was before 3.2.

Ted
    Ted, try to load some sample pass the 40% memory. If I'm correct, you wont be able to load pass 40%, and you will get an error message...I hope I'm wrong.

Good luck!

Ted,
    I'm curious: You're using an AP2496, but you're using the windows mixer? That doesn't make sense to me. I just tried looking at it for the first time (Ever....!), and indeed there are no options for recording. However, you should be looking at the Delta Control Panel....if I read you right (that you aren't aware of it), then look in windows control panel for it. It may contain clues. Stab in the dark: You're using asio drivers in sonar, and you have "disabe audio app use of monitor mixer" left unchecked in the hardware settings tab, and having stuff going on in your monitor mixer is fumbling with what you may think your apps are supposed to be doing....
    Another possiblility: In sonar Audio Options-->Advanced Tab, make sure "share drivers with other programs" is checked.

Good Luck,
    Belbin

Go Back to forum