• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to alter notes?

Share/Bookmark

How to alter notes?

Hi,

I am fiddling with the demo right now.

What I just can not figure out is how to change notes, dynamics etc. once they are entered. I understood that the cursor will change from an insert tool to a marking tool via pressing esc. But I miss the possibility to drag and drop notes, crescendos, edit dynamics etc.

I can transpose a mis-set note but that is not very practical. Am I really supposed to delete a wrong note and write it again from scratch?

Also I do not understand what the marking cursor tool is used for. I can produce a highlighted box but that's about it.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Re: How to alter notes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    Hi,

I am fiddling with the demo right now.

What I just can not figure out is how to change notes, dynamics etc. once they are entered. I understood that the cursor will change from an insert tool to a marking tool via pressing esc. But I miss the possibility to drag and drop notes, crescendos, edit dynamics etc.

I can transpose a mis-set note but that is not very practical. Am I really supposed to delete a wrong note and write it again from scratch?
    For now, yes. We are working on a drag and drop feature that will possibly be released in the same update with note audition (postponed until November).

OK, thank you.

Hannes

Try entering control/Z at the same time--this will remove the last note entry.

Also, highlight the area (press escape first to allow the area to be editable), then right click to go to clear special.

In clear special you can individually or enmasse edit articulations, dynamics, tempo markings, instrument changes, bar rests, slurs and lyrics!

Actually there is a way that is not mentioned in the manual:

1. Add a second note of the identical rhythmic value.
    2. With the note writer tool click on the other note. Then press del.
    3. The second note remains.

The advantage is that the new note has all features of the old note regarding to accents and dynamics.

The "click-and-delete" feature can also be used for deleting single notes in chords.

Hannes

I use that way as well. It does save time.

Bummer about the update delay until November but it doesn't really effect my compositional process anyway.

Go Back to forum