• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Installing EWQL Choirs to use in Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Installing EWQL Choirs to use in Sonar

I am going to install the Kontakt engine where I install VSTi's.

Is there a DXi version of the Kontakt engine? So I should install that where is keep DXi's, right?

I should install the world builder engine where Sonar looks for mfx plugs? If I have always used the default Sonar installation, so if I use the default word builder mfx installation, will it go to the correct place?

I know where (on my separate drive) I will install the instruments and multis.

Thanks.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: Installing EWQL Choirs to use in Sonar

Jeffn,

When you install Kontakt2, a vsti and dxi version are installed. In Sonar, there will be a NI category under soft synths. Kontakt 2 is in there.

When you install EWQLSC, you also install the word builder separately. It should automatically install the program in the correct place.

When you are ready to start a session, add a midi track. Load in the word builder midi effect (it will show up as an available midi effect - if it does not, then you may hve to copy or move it). Next you add Kontakt2 and load in the appropriate choir that you chose in the word builder. Make sure the midi channel and audio channel are correct and pointing to Kontakt 2.

Now play with it. I hope I did not leave out any steps. I decided to make myself a default choir template in Sonar so all I have to do is load it in and it loads K2 and EWQLSC and word builder all at once - I can just start fiddling around with it.

Let me know if you need any help.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by karmacomposer
    Jeffn,

When you install Kontakt2, a vsti and dxi version are installed. In Sonar, there will be a NI category under soft synths. Kontakt 2 is in there.

When you install EWQLSC, you also install the word builder separately. It should automatically install the program in the correct place.

When you are ready to start a session, add a midi track. Load in the word builder midi effect (it will show up as an available midi effect - if it does not, then you may hve to copy or move it). Next you add Kontakt2 and load in the appropriate choir that you chose in the word builder. Make sure the midi channel and audio channel are correct and pointing to Kontakt 2.

Now play with it. I hope I did not leave out any steps. I decided to make myself a default choir template in Sonar so all I have to do is load it in and it loads K2 and EWQLSC and word builder all at once - I can just start fiddling around with it.

Let me know if you need any help.

Mike
    Thanks! That was very helpful.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

NP dude, least I can do.

Mike

Does anyone know if the version of EWQLSC sent out in the most recent Group Buy is the latest version (word builder, sounds and Kompakt Instrument)? (I will use it on Kontakt 2)

jeffn1

There are updates available, Jeff, just check out ~~~~~~~~~~~~'s support page.

EDIT: Wow. I haven't been around here in a long while, I guess. The retailer website mentioned in this post actually gets edited out by the forum software. Amazing. Clearly I missed some goings on.
    You know what I blame this on the downfall of? Society.

Thanks, Ed. Yeah I saw a lot of updates, I just wonder if they are already included in my recent purchase. I guess I am trying to avoid having to compare versions.

More importantly, I just installed it and the word builder does not show up. I do not recall any mention of the word builder during the installation. I am using Sonar 3.1.1 so I do not know if that is a porblem.

I don't think the wordbuilder was installed. I guess I messed up somewhere. I searched for wordbuilder in both drives and it did not find it.

Can I uninstall and reinstall without having to remove the sound files? Or should I run through the installation again and there should be a prompt where I can just install the word builder utility? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help (sorry if I sound a little needy)

jeffn1

Jeffn,

The word builder is a separate install and you must double click on it to initiate it - it may even be in its own folder.

Mike

Thnk you for helping me with this.

Okay, nothing is ever easy.

I installed the Word Builder utility in the default folder. No surprisingly, it did not show up as an mfx plug in in Sonar.

So, I copied the folder and placed in my Cakewalk shared plug-ins folder and started Sonar 3.1.1 again.

Word builder did show up, but it said it was not properly installed.

I guess on lurking issue is whether I have to upgrade from Sonar 3.1.1.

jeffn1

Jeffn,

Therein lies the problem.

You need Sonar 5 or better I believe. Maybe 4, but I am pretty sure you need 5 or better.

Sonar 6 just came out and it's amazing. I am upgrading beginning of November or unless a big project falls in my lap and I have the spare money.

Yep - upgrade and all will be well.

Mike

Go Back to forum