• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilogy!!!?

Share/Bookmark

Trilogy!!!?

I absolutely love Spectrasonics Trilogy. However, I would love to see a couple of refinements. First, keyswitching of multiple articulations of at least one great sounding electric bass. Something as rich in possibility as Scarbee J slap and finger. Currently, it is nigh impossible to play convincing solo lines and flourishes in Triligy: pull offs, hammer ons, true legato lines on one string, etc. I would also love to see this type of thing implimented for the upright as well.

Eric. You are truly a genius. I own all three of your instruments, and I am constantly inspired by your attention to detail. Also, thank you for your patience and hours of service to your customers in these forums. You are a true gentleman.

P.J.

Re: Trilogy!!!?

Absolutely 1000% agreement. Trilogy has amazing sounds but it is not really more playable than the average synth bass program without more real time control like key switching and mod wheel use. And unless I'm missing something you have to open up multiple instances to access different programs. I could be wrong, I don't actually have it so someone jump in if I missed details of how it operates.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions for the future, we'll certainly keep them in mind.

Don't forget about the True Stacco techniques though...that's certainly a major advance for real-time playing over the average synth....watch the tutorial movie if you haven't seen it already. None of the things I'm doing in the video are possible on anything else:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instrum...cato_demo.html

Also, legato stuff can be done very convincingly with the Solo button.

Cool- so there is more stuff mapped right out to the keyboard than I thought, like having the bends on high velocities. That's nice. I'd still like to see all the articulations laid out in one patch, but it's more playable than I thought. And the sounds are really good, but that's a given

Trilogy is great, but I kind of agree here it could be expanded on.

as for slides, they are there but sampled as a loop,lick, so if you want say a B note slide down to G, you might not find it,..

another note, the bend on hard velocity is real cool, but I've found often that the bent note is too loud in the rest of the passage,.. lower the velocity,.. the bend goes away.
    still, it is a marvelous VSTi'..

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMcC
    ...another note, the bend on hard velocity is real cool, but I've found often that the bent note is too loud in the rest of the passage,.. lower the velocity,.. the bend goes away.
    still, it is a marvelous VSTi'..

Peter
    Yes, I've found this, too. I have to lower the volume of the bent note after I bounce it as an audio file. But all in all, I really like Trilogy.
    Also, thanks Eric for that video link, it was very helpful.

Regards,
    Jim
    RealSax.com "When you need real sax in your tracks."
    http://www.realsax.com

Go Back to forum