• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with playback...please help!

Share/Bookmark

Problem with playback...please help!

I just received Notion the other day and think it's fantastic. I started writing a large piece last night and got about halfway done when the playback started messing up...it starts to ignore slur markings and then various sections (ie. strings, brass, etc.) start playing at different tempos and it gets all wacky. I shut down my computer and tried that but nothing happened. I tried removing and re-installing the program, but it's still a problem. It doesn't seem to be a problem with other files, such as the demo scores. Any advice would be truly appreciated!

Michael

Re: Problem with playback...please help!

Hi Mike. I have had some interesting things happen in Notion too! You mentioned it was a big piece--this is oftentimes where I have some problems too.

Question--is any of the notation in red and are you using a lot of tuplets?

I haven't encountered this issue that you are mentioning. Try to open a new file and copy/paste the problem section into a new file. Isolating the glitch may help to find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by John2
    Hi Mike. I have had some interesting things happen in Notion too! You mentioned it was a big piece--this is oftentimes where I have some problems too.

Question--is any of the notation in red and are you using a lot of tuplets?

I haven't encountered this issue that you are mentioning. Try to open a new file and copy/paste the problem section into a new file. Isolating the glitch may help to find a solution.
    Mike, do you have meter changes in your score? And have you done much "Copy/Paste Insert"? If so, check to see if you have one or two staves that are missing a meter change.

Tony

Thanks for all of your help! There weren't any meter changes, but I did a lot of copy/pasting. It was working fine for about 2 hours then all of a sudden the playback started messing up and what not. It didn't matter where you were in the score- it would play fine for two measures and then start screwing up.

I tried copying and pasting into a new document and it corrected the problem, but I've only gotten as far as copying the first page. I'll be able to finish the rest tonight.

I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes....

Thanks again~

ps. does anyone else have problems with minimizing the screen/program? When I minimize the score and it goes into the little dock on my screen, I can't pull it back up- it's like it's frozen. Any ideas?

Hi. I just tried it and yes it's frozen in the dock.
    Back in Notion however, you can get it back from the window menu!

tc

Go Back to forum