• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Christmas CD

Share/Bookmark

My Christmas CD

Shameless plug time!

On some other threads I've been mentioning the Christmas CD that I've been working on with my wife Martha and a singer friend, Sarah Stone. Well, it's finally in production and should be available in a couple of weeks! Now comes the hard part; selling the darn thing! Wish me luck.

I've updated my website with a bit of information, and a little online store where individual MP3 tracks are available. (First time I've tried the online store thing; I hope I did it right!)

I don't actually play on this CD, but it features eleven tracks of my arrangements of various traditional Christmas songs, and is rounded out by four original songs, two of which were written especially for this recording.

Here's a free song for your enjoyment; my arrangement of the Catalan song Fum, Fum, Fum.

(Now that it's done maybe I'll have time to finish my piece for the GPO CD.)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Re: My Christmas CD

Hey Dan!

FABULOUS piano writing!!!! Is that your wife playing?

Is this piece is any indication, your CD will be a huge success!! How can I get one?

Congrats!
    Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO
    Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our upmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets -- Zoltan Kodaly

Yes, it's my lovely wife Martha Krasnican playing the piano. Isn't she great, everyone?

I just gave final approval on the artwork, and now it goes to the factory, so I should have it in a week or two. I've already set it up with CD Baby. I'll be sure to post here when it's available finally.

Thanks, Ron.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

--Ray Luke (1928-2010)

I'll be looking for it.

I can't wait to get the "Holidays of the New Era" CD from ERM Media to hear both yours and my piece ("Sing Noel".) I'm still wondering how the Ukrainian choir handled the English text! Could be interesting.

BTW, the Colorado Mormon Chorale, a very large and prestigious chorale here in Colorado picked up the orchestral/choral version of "Sing Noel" for their Holiday concerts. They did another of my pieces last year, "The Stable Choir"

Ron
    Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our upmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by ChoralBoss
    ...I can't wait to get the "Holidays of the New Era" CD from ERM Media to hear both yours and my piece ("Sing Noel".) I'm still wondering how the Ukrainian choir handled the English text! Could be interesting.
    ...or scary. Still, I am hopeful. The conductor did mention to me that they had an English diction coach engaged for the project.

BTW, the Colorado Mormon Chorale, a very large and prestigious chorale here in Colorado picked up the orchestral/choral version of "Sing Noel" for their Holiday concerts. They did another of my pieces last year, "The Stable Choir"
    Congratulations! I've had a few people express interest in the orchestral version of "The Angel's Song" but no takers yet.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

--Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Mr. UPS guy just delivered 10 boxes of CDs!

Now I just have to work on getting them out of the house!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

--Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Congrats Dan!!

I'll be ordering one!

BTW...I heard from ERM that the Holidays CD was to be mailed to composers yesterday. I'm looking forward to hearing the renditions of your and my piece!

Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO

Quote Originally Posted by ChoralBoss
    Congrats Dan!!

I'll be ordering one!
    I sent some to CD Baby, so they should be available in a week or so.

BTW...I heard from ERM that the Holidays CD was to be mailed to composers yesterday.
    Yes! About time!
    I'm looking forward to hearing the renditions of your and my piece!
    So am I!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

--Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quick update! My CD "Rejoice and Be Merry" is now up on CD Baby! Buy one quick! Buy two! They make great Christmas presents!

http://cdbaby.com/cd/danielpowers2

I've also gotten five stores here in Terre Haute to carry it, and I'm hoping to get others. And the Terre Haute Symphony will be selling it at their Christmas concert next month. Wish me luck.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

--Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum