• Register
  • Help

Topic: I need AMT8 Windows help .... DPDAN

Share/Bookmark

I need AMT8 Windows help .... DPDAN

I have a used Emagic AMT8 midi interface, and I have installed the software from the original CD. It does not include USB drivers because at the time of production, there were no Windows USB drivers available.

I have downloaded the driver for Windows 2000 from Apples website, from this link...

http://download.info.apple.com/Apple...Files/Windows/

I was told by the person I bought it from to download the unidrv227.zip link. I did, and I see no "setup" or anything like that. When I double click on any of the icons in this download they all appear to give me the same dialog box, "You are attempting to open a file of type system file .sys" It is turned on, and receiving midi beautifully, and I have verified that the Emagic AMT8 is listed as a device under system/hardware/device manager/usb devices, but it has the "ever popular" yellow question mark over the name indicating it is not working. When I double click on the question mark, I get... "this device is not configured correctly (code1)"

Does anyone have an Emagic AMT8 USB midi interface working on a Windows machine with XP?

Please help, thanks everyone!

Dan

Re: I need AMT8 Windows help .... DPDAN

Hi Dan!

I have no AMT 8 to test this with, but anyway I wanna help you. I have downloaded the driver you mentioned, and the zip file opens without problem.
    In the file, there are three folders named Win9x, Win2k and WinNT, and a readme file in two languages in HTML format. I'll post here the info about installing it in Windows XP, pasted from the English readme:

Emagic AMT8 Driver readme (unitor readme.htm)

2.3 Initial Installation under Windows XP

2.3.1 Unitor8/AMT8/MT4 connected via USB Port - Initial Installation - Windows XP
    This installation guide assumes that you have the driver CD included with your new Unitor8/AMT8, or you've downloaded the drivers for the Unitor8, AMT8 and MT4, and it's the first time you've tried to connect the Emagic midi device to your computer.
    To run your interface via USB you will have to install two drivers: the USB driver and the MIDI driver.
    This installation will guide you through the whole process.
    Please proceed as follows:

·Connect your MIDI interface to the USB port of your computer.
    ·The "Add New Hardware Wizard" will automatically open. Follow the instructions of the "Add New Hardware Wizard".
    ·When asked for the driver files, please guide the "Add New Hardware Wizard" to the location of the driver files, i.e. the folder where you placed the driver files, or to the CD and click "Next".

On Windows XP you'll get the following alert: "The software you are installing for this hardware: Emagic Unitor, has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows 2000 ... "
    It is safe to install the drivers. The Emagic drivers are fully functional and there is no risk attached to the installation of these drivers on your system.

·Click the "Continue Anyway" button.
    ·After a few seconds a message box appears: "Completing the Hardware Update Wizard".
    ·Click "Finish"
    ·After a few seconds a message box appears: "Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard"
    ·Follow the instructions of the "Found New Hardware Wizard".

Again you'll get the following alert: "The software you are installing for this hardware: Emagic Unitor, has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows 2000 ... "
    It is safe to install the drivers. The Emagic drivers are fully functional and there is no risk attached to the installation of these drivers on your system.

·Click the "Continue Anyway" button.
    ·After a few seconds a message box appears: "Completing the Hardware Update Wizard".
    ·Click "Finish"
    ·The installation was completed successfully.
    OK, so you have to decompress the .ZIP file, for example in "My Documents" folder. Then you can delete the Win9x and WinNT folders. Then you plug the USB in the PC and the Wizard appears. You have to point the WIzard to the Win2K folder in "My Documents" to search the files for the driver to work. That should work.

If you try it and still doesn't work, I'll try to help you.

Good luck Dan!
    -Dani-

Dani, thank you for helping me so much.
    Now it works like a charm.

Thanks so much for your time. I know what it's like to take the time to write out long detailed posts to help others, and I am so happy that you took the time to help me with this. I trust you sense the same good feeling of good will towards others as I do.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Dan

It's been a pleasure Dan. I wish I could help more frequently, but I have a very limited knowledge (specially musical knowledge).

Have fun with your MIDI interface!
    -Dani-

Quote Originally Posted by ZareOne
    I have a very limited knowledge (specially musical knowledge).
    that makes two of us.

Thank you Dani!
    Dan

Go Back to forum