• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Anyone has STAGG Electric Violin ???

Share/Bookmark

Anyone has STAGG Electric Violin ???

I would like to know what do You think of them as a instrument for excercising...
    How does it sound ?

I'm talking about those: http://www.dv247.com/invt/25077/

Re: Anyone has STAGG Electric Violin ???

I don't have a stagg but I think this is a lot cooler. The microphone is a Zeta but the violin is hand and custom made by myself.

All electric violins are pretty much the same. They sound very nasal without processing, but with some effects they can kick any Steve Vai wannabe's rear end. Electric violin is really an instrument of its own so don't fool yourself by thinking that you can learn acoustic violin by playing an electric one. Even if the measures are the same the dynamics aren't. I had the same idea once but luckily I was convinced otherwise. Mine has 5 strings and the body doesn't stop your left hand like the body of an acoustic violin does so it's even further away from playing an acoustic violin.

I haven't played the violin for 10 years now.... so I just need something to practice for a start and do it silently...

And I prefer normal 4 string configuration

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    I haven't played the violin for 10 years now.... so I just need something to practice for a start and do it silently...
    Well certainly an electric violin is better than no violin at all. The Stagg's price isn't bad which propably has an effect on the build quality. Do you have a realistic idea of the sound of an electric violin meaning that have you played one yourself?

And I prefer normal 4 string configuration
    Then what's your location supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by janila
    Do you have a realistic idea of the sound of an electric violin meaning that have you played one yourself?
    I've played for couple of minutes a YAMAHA Silent Violin at Musikmesse this year.
    Then what's your location supposed to mean?
    That's somewhere beyond... somewhere illusive...

I've played for couple of minutes a YAMAHA Silent Violin at Musikmesse this year.
    I haven't played either Yamaha or a Stagg so I don't know how they compare ergonomically, but the sound should be pretty much the same.

And just to make things clear, I don't make violins for sale. I just wanted to show off as the commercial electric violins don't really make me tick.

I haven't played either Yamaha or a Stagg so I don't know how they compare ergonomically, but the sound should be pretty much the same.

And just to make things clear, I don't make violins for sale. I just wanted to show off as the commercial electric violins don't really make me tick.

I know that there are far better options but I can get the STAGG for 140$ here in Poland which is good price for me.... and 900$ for Yamaha isn't good

Yes that is a rather significant difference. The Yamaha has a built-in reverb engine and headphones are included. Most likely those don't effect the price much but it isn't fun to pay for something you don't need especially when you are on a budget.

Yes that is a rather significant difference. The Yamaha has a built-in reverb engine and headphones are included. Most likely those don't effect the price much but it isn't fun to pay for something you don't need especially when you are on a budget.
    You know I can plug in them to my DAW and run thru Reverb in Cubase or a IR Reverb in K2 and have better results.... or even play with some cool effects

Go Back to forum