• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX - NO Drag and Drop at all!!!

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX - NO Drag and Drop at all!!!

Hi everybody

I just joined the forum, - looks pretty good

So I'm hoping somebody can help me out with Stylus RMX, as it's rapidly starting to kill me!
    I'm running Pro Tools 6.4.1, Logic Express 7.1.1, and Cubase SE 1.0.7 on a G4 with OS 10.3.9.

My problem is that; in NONE of the above mentioned hosts, can I drop a midifile from Stylus RMX into the sequencer. (I know Cubase SE 1.x isn't supported, and I don't normaly work with it either.... just tried, to see if I could get hold of a MIDI file from RMX somehow)
    It's neither possible to drop the MIDI file to the desktop (which I have to do in Pro Tools)!!
    ..... nothing happens!!

I've tried fixing permissions, rebuilding the desktop with Diskwarrior, making a new Audio/MIDI setup, installing the latest Rex Shared Library (version 1.6), Installing ReWire 1.7, reinstalling RMX again, fixing permissions, fixing permissions, a.s.o........... nothing helps

I'm able to drag and drop to the desktop from other applications, but NOT from RMX.

Please help me.... I'm about to pass out soon!

TIA
    Pro Tools 6.4.1, Logic 7.1.1, Mac OS 10.3.9 on Dual 1.25 GHz G4, Stylus RMX, Kontakt 2.

Re: Stylus RMX - NO Drag and Drop at all!!!

YES!!!!!

I tried re-installing everything again, but this time I deleted everything I could find related to RMX first.

....and NOW IT WORKS!!!!

Pro Tools 6.4.1, Logic 7.1.1, Mac OS 10.3.9 on Dual 1.25 GHz G4, Stylus RMX, Kontakt 2.

Re: Stylus RMX - NO Drag and Drop at all!!!

From the Spectrasonics Knowledgebase:

I'm not able to use Drag and Drop on the Macintosh.

Go to <user>/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics and get information on the Spectrasonics folder by highlighting the Spectrasonics folder, holding the Apple key and pressing I.
    Under Ownership and Permissions, please make sure that the Spectrasonics folder has Read and Write access.

Go Back to forum