• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Theme for piano and acoustic guitar

Share/Bookmark

Theme for piano and acoustic guitar

Hello all,

This is an old work and old rendering (year 2002). It starts with piano & guitar, and then orchestra joins. Perhaps a bit overcrowded towards the end.

Piano & guitar

Any comments?

Thank you,

Aleksandar

Re: Theme for piano and acoustic guitar

Stunning! Make me glad I live in this age of composition. It is as majestic as the "horsehead nebula and is as beautiful as "Stephan's Quintet." I could put this one on memory repeat and listen to it all day. I do that often with great music.

I enjoyed your music. It becomes quite grand toward the end. I think I hear some Ennio Morricone influences.

Phil

Great work... Wonderfully creative use of percussion... Very dramatic and cinematic themes. The ending with full orchestra was done well. NOT too much in my opinion. Very contemporary piece... Looking forward to hearing more.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Thank you Phil,

It’s an honor to be compared with such a great name like Ennio Morricone. Glad you took time to listen and comment.

Greetings,

Aleksandar

Michael,

Thank you for the comment. I appreciate your critic much.

My best,

Aleksandar

A very beautiful and moving meditation, Aleksandar.

To me, this piece is well balanced and effective;
    with the restraint in the earlier part only bringing the
    greater impact to the orchestral work, later -- and
    also creating the symmetry for the soft ending.

Fine job!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thank you David , I appreciate you took time to listen and comment.

Aleksandar

When I close my eyes I see the emptyness of Arizona near the Texas border. A backpacker is struggling thru the burning sun, staring into the void full of sand and dry bushes. Far behind him the remains of his once old four-legged friend are left for the wild dogs, rattle snakes and vultures.

At the horizon some trees, a shimmering roof and white plumes of smoke, telling him that he has miles to go before he reaches civilisation. His knees hurt and in his hands he has the remains of a lonely song for piano, a melancholic guitar and orchestra...... all he has on this world, to remind him of the days to come........

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    When I close my eyes I see the emptyness of Arizona near the Texas border. A backpacker is struggling thru the burning sun, staring into the void full of sand and dry bushes. Far behind him the remains of his once old four-legged friend are left for the wild dogs, rattle snakes and vultures.

At the horizon some trees, a shimmering roof and white plumes of smoke, telling him that he has miles to go before he reaches civilisation. His knees hurt and in his hands he has the remains of a lonely song for piano, a melancholic guitar and orchestra...... all he has on this world, to remind him of the days to come........

Raymond
    Raymond,

You amazed me with your poetic comment ! It is so picturesque that the scenes you described emerged in front of my eyes. Thank you so much for this beautiful comment.

With kind regards,

Aleksandar

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast