• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help getting music into the listening room

Share/Bookmark

Question Help getting music into the listening room

Hi:

I am working on several orchestral pieces using GPO and I don't have the facilities ( a web page e.g.) to upload music. I always sent in orchestral challenges by email. How do I solve the problem of getting my music into the listening room to share and also to take advantage of any critique that's available?

Thanks.

David M

Re: Help getting music into the listening room

You can check soundclick.com, which provides webspace for you to upload things, or other free web space providers (rapidshare comes to mind, or yousend, or others which I can't recall at the moment).

If you are to be using thenet a lot it could be worth to find a cheap hosting service (like 4$ per month, which is little), and they provide a lot of web space to do whatever you want with it.

Also if you sign up to broadband (at least in the UK) they give you some underd Mb as webspace, check that out also.

For now if you want (and trust me), e-mail me your file and I'll upload it for you in my webspace. Atm I have a lot of space and enough free bandwith every month.

EDIT:

Oh just in case you do decide to do that PM me for my e-mail

You could check out Opera for setting up a blog. It is free, and you can be operational in a few minutes. Space is limited to 300 Mb, but that is plenty for quite a few mp3 demos. Check my thing below for a rough idea. I rarely use opera, manage the page with Firefox.

Richard

Thanks for the replies. I will check into the sites mentioned. they aren't expensive and it doesn't sound as though they will be difficult or time consuming to get set up.

Nikolas - I certainly trust you and if I don't get something else set up in time I will likely email to you for help initialllly.

Thanks David M.

I have plenty of extra webspace to spare (approx 19 GB space and about 1 TB transfer). So feel free to PM me about space.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Go Back to forum