• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dirk Campbell'S Origins

Share/Bookmark

Dirk Campbell'S Origins

http://ilio.com/ilio/origins/index.html

Anyone have this? Unfortunately, it isn't available in Kontakt format, but I was wondering if anyone had this and what they thought. He's got some collection of instruments there - seems to maybe give EW RA a decent rival?

Re: Dirk Campbell'S Origins

It sounds great. You have to buy it. Listen to the demos and you will know why...Another age another world...
    It is not like RA or the others. It is pure

Origins contain lot of recorded phrases, and i personnally don't like recorded phrases, you can't do anything you want. It's too bad they were lazy to record good multisamples, because the sound quality is great. For instance, the "ancien horns" (peplum brass ) recorded phrases sound great but the multisamples dont sound as good..

I think it's not a rival to RA, but it's a nice library if you want ancients instruments

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Bruckner
    It sounds great. You have to buy it. Listen to the demos and you will know why...Another age another world...
    It is not like RA or the others. It is pure
    Pure because there are many recorded phrases. The library is consequently less usable than RA...

Only heard bad about it from a few users... very little useable stuff, poor recordings, noise etc. But that might depend on how sensitive you are to such stuff. Some people notice even the smaller noises while others like myself only hear such stuff if it's really bad and noticable.

I'm a sucker for ethnic stuff, and I just recall haveing no desire to buy it after reading a few user reviews a while back.

It saved my life two times. In one spot for Mecedes Cl and Porsche and so I like it. There are Multiinstruments and a few phrases. Listen

Go Back to forum