• Register
  • Help

Topic: Emulate the Vienna instruments speed funktion, with a k2 script?

Share/Bookmark

Emulate the Vienna instruments speed funktion, with a k2 script?

Is that possible?
    To write a script that changes the articulations, or groups within an instrument, or midichannel, based on the speed of the incoming notes?

Just like Vienna instruments does?
    That would be realy useful, if one could implement that in a standard K2 instrument.

Re: Emulate the Vienna instruments speed funktion, with a k2 script?

Quote Originally Posted by Pzy-Clone
    Is that possible?
    To write a script that changes the articulations, or groups within an instrument, or midichannel, based on the speed of the incoming notes?

Just like Vienna instruments does?
    That would be realy useful, if one could implement that in a standard K2 instrument.
    Sure, please have a look at my Matrix Alternation script:

However, you may get more satisfactory results by using controllers to determine the articulation. Computer programs cannot look into the future so they will not know when you're about to slow down. In case you use keyswitches to change between alternations please also see my Speed Control script.

It's probably a mis-read of what you're wanting here... but I happened to be looking for something else on Nils's K2 page and saw this.

"Speed control - automatic articulation switching based on speed" Nils Liberg's Kontakt scripts

Hope it helps.

hey thanx, thats realy cool!
    Well, the best results i presume will come manually, but its a great thing for improvisation and quick ideas. Thanx alot!

Quote Originally Posted by Pzy-Clone
    the best results i presume will come manually, but its a great thing for improvisation and quick ideas.
    It really works very well and you can insert your own keyswitches afterwards (or even while playing).
    This script saved my day

Go Back to forum