• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jamaican Noel

Share/Bookmark

Jamaican Noel

Here is a piece I am doing for another civic orchestra for their Christmas Concert. It's too late for the album. I am just posting it for the fun of it. I don't have the GPO percussion needed (Maracas, claves and shaker) so they are left out of the mix.

Jamaican Noel

It's fun even if it isn't the Christmas season yet

Re: Jamaican Noel

William, fun piece!

Would love to hear this with the percussion in it.

Any chance of getting a live recording of this?

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

ETLUX: I would love to hear the percussion with it too, but can't do that with Finale 2007's GPO. If I could figure a way to mix GPO with Midi - but I've tried and failed. I can't get the parts to sync.

I may be able to get a live recording, but it will have to be after Symphony West's Concert which is in December.

William,

Nice arrangement. If you are doing a lot of arrangements you should consider getting either the full GPO for a much larger range of percussion. And the JABB has even a greater selection still. I got the JABB initially for the saxes that were lacking in the GPO. And I am finding many other uses for it as well.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

I can picture the snow already... Unfortunately I don't get any where I live. Very entertaining work... put a child-like smirk on my face... remembering the old days when Christmas was fun... Love the Christmas season... Thanks.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBric
    William,

Nice arrangement. If you are doing a lot of arrangements you should consider getting either the full GPO for a much larger range of percussion. And the JABB has even a greater selection still. I got the JABB initially for the saxes that were lacking in the GPO. And I am finding many other uses for it as well.

Gary

www.garybricault.com
    Yes, I know I should add either JABB or the full GPO, I just have to get my pockets filled first before I can reach into them. Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor
    I can picture the snow already... Unfortunately I don't get any where I live. Very entertaining work... put a child-like smirk on my face... remembering the old days when Christmas was fun... Love the Christmas season... Thanks.

Michael
    I can send you some snow if you'd like, we get too much.

Glad you enjoyed listening. It was a pretty straight foward arrangement from a piano/vocal score.

Go Back to forum