• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Demo- Thale Cres

Share/Bookmark

Demo- Thale Cres

Thale Cres
    (3,7 Mb)

Here is a track I did some months ago. It is for a game.

I only used East West Symphonic Orchestra Gold and I have already posted about it in the SOL forums.

But I would like to get a little more feedback, if possible.

For anyone interested here is the score. (317 Kb)

Enjoy (?)

Re: Demo- Thale Cres

I enjoyed this. It reminded me of a slightly spooky circus sideshow and Fellini films.

Best,
    Jay

Nikolas I find it very entertaing, and wonderful.. Love the feeling from the piece.. Fantastic work to these ears. Your sounds are well done..Joseph..

Quote Originally Posted by JBacal
    I enjoyed this. It reminded me of a slightly spooky circus sideshow and Fellini films.

Best,
    Jay
    I enjoyed it as well. Sounds like something Tim Burton would want.

Very nice - good use of dynamics. Circus material, definitely!

Cheers.

Very nice! It's obvious that you put a lot of effort into this piece, the orchestration is very colorful. I love those brief harmonic departures, and the harp is used really well.

Even though there are a few East West samples that disagree with me (the staccato bassoon samples and some of the expressive oboe stuff) it's certainly not your fault.. You can only sound as good as the samples will allow. Of course, the brass sound spectacular, I'm always impressed with East West Brass. I'd love to hear a real group play this piece-- I bet it would sound amazing!

-Alex
    www.alexdavismusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDavis
    I'd love to hear a real group play this piece-- I bet it would sound amazing!
    I would also love that

Thank you guys.

I did try my best to this rendering, but indeed you can go as far as the samples allow you. I don't think that anyone else would make a (much) better mock-up than this. It is one of my recent favourites

Thank you guys.

If you will believe it this piece was initially for a rpg-rts game, about scandinavian mythology, but in the end it was cut (and won't be included in the game) but I love it very much indeed...

(PS. Very Prokofiev like, don't you think? I was told twice and I will have to agree on that... )

Yeah, like Prokofiev in a positive way (Trapeze maybe).
    Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by JBacal
    I enjoyed this. It reminded me of a slightly spooky circus sideshow and Fellini films
    Fellini's movies soundtracks were composed by one of the most important italian composers of last century: NINO ROTA.

Please, take a serious look at his compostions!

In Italy every soundtracks composer studied his music.

Nicolas,

congratulations to the excellent writing! I am in my third listen now and more will follow.

The rendering is very good. I would perhaps suggest a little more "inter-dynamics" if possible for making the phrasing more lively without losing the overall dynamical context. But that may be just my taste.

Again, this is a very fine composing, and does TELL and MEAN something.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Go Back to forum