• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 2 Prime Time Televsion events Thursday with music from forum members

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up 2 Prime Time Televsion events Thursday with music from forum members

On Thursdaynight, September 28, "Ugly Betty" will premiere on ABC. Jeff Beal scored the music for this new series.

Also on Thursday night, September 28th, "Sensing Murder" will premiers on the Discovery Channel at 10PM. And Didier Rachou scored the music for this new series.

It looks like I know what I'll be doing Thursdays nights.

Two great series, two great composers! Our forum composers are just going from one success to another.

I hope you all tune in and listen to Jeff's and Didiere's music and support their work.

Gary Garritan

Re: 2 Prime Time Televsion events Thursday with music from forum members

Wow, congratulations to both of them for scoring (yeah yeah... pun intended) this opportunity.

It's really neat to think about posting with people who are apart of projects such as this. Then there's getting advice and sharing ideas with them. There's a lot of talent and experience here and speaking strictly as a very new member of the community (of composers as well as this forum) it's always neat to see what other people are doing.
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Indeed, congratulations to Jeff and Didier! My Thursday nights are often busy, but I'll try to catch what I can!

By the way, if you miss 'Ugly Betty' you can stream it online after it airs at www.abc.com!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I don't have cable. If anybody could post clips from the Discovery broadcast - without violating any rights - I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferris
    I don't have cable. If anybody could post clips from the Discovery broadcast - without violating any rights - I'd appreciate it.
    Ha - dude, hitting any record button on any peice of gear connected in any way to the TV and/or cable box, or any peice of gear NOT connected to either which has the potential to capture the broadcast in whole or part, is a violiation of every applicable law in every country on the face of the earth. Needless to say posting clips wouldn't exactly be legal, either.

Cheers.

thanks for the post Gary - I hope people check out and enjoy the show. The lead, America Ferrara is just brilliant in this role, and it's refreshing to work on something with a Latin American influence for prime time US tv.

I'll be curious to see what y'all think of it
    jeff

Thanks for the heads up, Gary. I hope to check it out as well.
    And thanks for sharing the fun of a season opening, Jeff.

It's Thursday!

Time to watch television tonight. Give up any plans you had for bowling, romance, partying , playing checkers, going to the pub, etc.

Tune in to ABC at 8pm to see "Ugly Betty" and then Discovery Channel at 10pm to see "Sensing Murder". (check local listings)

All the best Jeff and Didier for successful premiers tonight!

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Beal
    thanks for the post Gary - I hope people check out and enjoy the show. The lead, America Ferrara is just brilliant in this role, and it's refreshing to work on something with a Latin American influence for prime time US tv.

I'll be curious to see what y'all think of it
    jeff
    I watched the first 8 minutes on the ABC homepage and the series is fun. The music is fitting very well, so keep up the good work!

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Glad I took the chance to check it out... very smart show and score.

Especially liked the 8 bars or so at the mother's photo.
    Beautiful, Jeff, and a really nice use of solo violin.

Go Back to forum