• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: eCommerce solution for selling CD's online in Canada

Share/Bookmark

eCommerce solution for selling CD's online in Canada

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hey there,

I've sold Cd's through JoeRadio in the past, but they seem expensive - $6 a CD.

I have a new Pop/R&B (or as the format is called - Hot AC ) CD coming out in about 6 weeks and looking for a reasonable, yet reliable eCommerce solution.

Cheers!
    Matt
    http://www.mattdean.com

Re: eCommerce solution for selling CD's online in Canada

Amazon, iTunes, Walmart, Napster seem to be the big ones. There are of course many others. Obviously I have no idea what kind of commission these companys require/offer. If you find out I would like to know.

Then there is the homebrew method of selling them on your own website. Your only cost would be the website and 3% for paypal.

Does iTunes sell and ship the physical CD though? I want to give someone a bunch of inventory and not have to worry about people not getting there physical CD when they order it.

I was under the impression that iTunes, Napster was for digital downloading. i will be doing that as well, but need the CD distribution.

Thanks.

Why not CdBaby ?

SergeD

Yes, iTunes and Napster and for downloading and the end users burn their own CDs.

CD distribution is so last century but I believe Amazon still does a lot of that.

Well, it may be last century, but it is how i am going to pay for the massive production bill! Many of my "fans" want CD's. I figure if i do both I will have my bases covered.

CD Baby is in the US. I'm in Canada. Everyone who orders from Canada is going to have to pay duties and higher shipping costs. Not a good way to keep fans

That's why i was hoping for a good alternative in Canada.

thanks.

Cafepress. They are nice.
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com
    Composer for videogames, film and television

Cafepress is cool, but not what I'm looking for. I have a good quality manufactured CD. I want people to be able to go to my website and click on "Buy Now" and go to a secure shopping cart. That company woudl fill the order, send the CD and give me my money

Just didn't want to have to give up %25 of the profit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattdean
    Well, it may be last century, but it is how i am going to pay for the massive production bill! Many of my "fans" want CD's. I figure if i do both I will have my bases covered.

CD Baby is in the US. I'm in Canada. Everyone who orders from Canada is going to have to pay duties and higher shipping costs. Not a good way to keep fans

That's why i was hoping for a good alternative in Canada.

thanks.
    No insult intended in the last century comment. I like CDs too and the sound they make when I rip them on to my PC.

Also if you are not willing to partner with someone you will likely have to send the CDs out yourself. Would that be too much trouble? I have no idea how many CDs you intend to sell. But if it was me I would just use Paypal for the payment and mail them out myself.

No worries!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast