• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Demo of the Massanet Meditation with Strad 2.0

Share/Bookmark

New Demo of the Massenet Meditation with Strad 2.0

Some time ago Robert did a rendition of Jules Massenet's Meditation from the opera "Thais". The Meditation is regarded as one of the most beautiful pieces written for violin. The original version used the original Strad ('calssic' patch) with an orchestrated background.

This time Robert used the Stradivari 2.0 using the 'lyrical' patch with a simpler piano background. Here is the link:

http://www.garritan.com/Strad/Meditation.mp3

Hope you enjoy!

Gary Garritan

Re: New Demo of the Massanet Meditation with Strad 2.0

Robert, your rendition is great! And the advances in tone are definately noticeable!

but I am afraid I still prefer Rhona's version:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=44885
    Her execution of those slides does it for me

The differences between both well-executed performances, though, really underscores what I think is one of the Strad's strongest aspects: individual musicianship shines through like never before!

I'd like to hear how it sounds with the "Lyrical" strad.
    "But what about rules of verse? Iambic pentameter is where it's at! Hit it, the Cheat!"

Oh...it is. Whoops. Read wrong. hehe

Sorry bout that
    "But what about rules of verse? Iambic pentameter is where it's at! Hit it, the Cheat!"

It is simply unbelievable that it can sound so realistic. I have to get one.

Hi,

as I wrote in another thread about the Garritan Strad:

These renditions of classically known pieces are very good and impressive excercises for approaching the new electronic instruments. But now I am awaiting more original music that has been composed by use of the Garritan Strad and can be played and recorded with either electronic intruments or live players. With other words I am looking forward to the enrichement of music culture by quite some fantastically composed violin solos.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    Hi,

as I wrote in another thread about the Garritan Strad:

These renditions of classically known pieces are very good and impressive excercises for approaching the new electronic instruments. But now I am awaiting more original music that has been composed by use of the Garritan Strad and can be played and recorded with either electronic intruments or live players. With other words I am looking forward to the enrichement of music culture by quite some fantastically composed violin solos.

Hannes
    Unfortunately there is nothing to compare it to this way. I think the reason for mockups is familiarity. However to hear it in light of originality is nice. I did do a short clip of a modernistic approach to the strad, however I feel "most" would simply not care much for full blown original demos since the above mentioned is not part of the factor(familiar). I could be wrong.

http://www.garritan.com/Strad/AngryStrad.mp3
    Robert Davis

I see three reasons for producing digital performances of music masterpieces. The first is the sheer joy to be in touch with BEAUTY as you are performing and crafting the various instruments parts.
    The second is the invaluable knowledge you gain while playing instruments that you can't play in real life.
    And third and more concrete, it might help you show people in the music business what you can do, whenever they might need you for, say, film scoring or commercials and so on. That said, as a composer myself, I understand that producing original compositions is the highest level of music activity and the way to enrich ourselves and the musical world.

Roberto

Beautifully done, Robert!

Amazing where this is all going...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Beautifully done, Robert!

Amazing where this is all going...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    LOL I just noticed this was not the version I was thinking of(guess I should say no more).

Funny, I cannot believe I left the "pseudo countoff tick in the piano" in the mp3. Now that is a professional recording technique! Leave the count in! Might be onto a new thing. Leaving click tracks in in final "mixes".
    Robert Davis

Go Back to forum