• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with digital artifacts with EWQLSO and Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Angry Problem with digital artifacts with EWQLSO and Sonar

Hello,

I am having a problem when bouncing audio from Sonar and EWQLSO. When I play the audio using two computers connected with LAN and FX Teleport, the playback is fine, but when I bounce down the audio, I get strange digital artifacts such as static noices at several points. Does anyone have any idea what the solution to this is? I could provide a brief excerpt if there is a way to post a file here. I am working on deadline so i'd appreciate any suggestions or thoughts!

Thanks,
    Karim

My equipment:
    PC 1 - Win XP 64 bit with 8 gigs RAM, Sonar 5.0 Producer 64 bit enabled, FX Teleport 1.04 and RAID audio HD.

PC 2 - Win XP 32 bit with 4 gigs RAM and string samples with Raptor audio HD. FX Teleport 1.04.

Connected with 100 Megabit LAN

Re: Problem with digital artifacts with EWQLSO and Sonar

Try unchecking "Fast bounce".

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by karelm
    PC 1 - Win XP 64 bit with 8 gigs RAM, Sonar 5.0 Producer 64 bit enabled, FX Teleport 1.04 and RAID audio HD.
    Jeff is right. Uncheck Fast Bounce.

After I saw these specs though, all bets are off for me. 8 gigs o' Ram and WX64? I know Sonar X64 works but I didn't know that the Kontakt stuff would'nt blow up trying to address more than 3 Gigs. Hmmm I learn somfin every day.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

I've had fast bounce unchecked. One thing I did notice was that the export bit rate was 32 bit which might be too much data. I'll try it again with 16 bit and see if that gives me the same problem.

Thanks.

Go Back to forum