• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Sonar's Assign Instruments settings when using GS3

Share/Bookmark

OT: Sonar's Assign Instruments settings when using GS3

I would love to know what settings are normally used in Sonar's "Assign Instrument" menu when using GS3.

I think my settings must be lacking something because the piano is not visible on the left hand side in the piano roll view in Sonar. I only see numbers (1 - 127). When I right click in the window a "note names" menu comes up from where I can choose between "Use the Assigned Instrument Settings" and "Use these Note Names Instead". When I select the second option a drop-down menu appears and I can select "diatonic" which gives me the piano on the left hand side in the piano roll view. The only problem is that I have to re-do this when I re-launch Sonar later and I have to do it for all my midi tracks.

I think it has something to do with the Instrument Settings. When I go to "options" and then "instruments" I get all my Tascam US-122 and Gigastudio ports on the "output/channel" pane and I see a bunch of options in the "uses instruments" pane.

Thanks very much for your help,

Mark

Re: OT: Sonar's Assign Instruments settings when using GS3

Mark,
    This has been bugging me as well and I have yet to figure it out. It did not happen that way until I installed GS3. Prior to GS3 installation, the piano roll view always defaulted to the diatonic and didn't bring up just the note numbers on the piano roll.

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be helpful!

Go Back to forum