• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Whats The Deal with the Big Blast of white Noise !

Share/Bookmark

Whats The Deal with the Big Blast of white Noise !

GS 3 o

users,... what gives with this big blast of white noise EVERY time I use GS.

It's loud enough to blow out my monitors,.. never mind with headphones on.

WTF !?

Re: Whats The Deal with the Big Blast of white Noise !

I've never had that happen.

Have you optimized Windows, so it doesn't do stupid things like checking for updates, checking if a CD has been inserted, checking the screensaver state, etc, etc? When Windows starts daydreaming, your apps have no control over anything...

yeah Jon,

all the XP audio tweaks possible, audio ONLY machine,. NO internet stuff.

it's a REAL drag,. I really only use GS for Scarbee Bass, and LSD drums.

I believe it can be traced to Gigapulse,.. or at least I say,.. it doesn't happen when using Scar bass alone,.. but happens whenever I use LSD,.. which also happen to use Gigapulse pro,. I doubt highly it's the LSD lib doing this,

Unfortunate, but I really can't tolerate the LSD anymore for this reason,.. it's a shame because it's a great lib, what to do ?

thanks anyway

Peter

This happened to me once, and only once.

Matter of fact, it happened the day that I installed Larry Seyer's Acoustic Drums... I think that it only happened when I tried to use certain Larry Seyer reverb IRs in GigaPulse.

If I remember correctly, the LSAD installation placed additional GigaPulse files (.fxb files, .iis files, and such) in a folder other than the one that already contained GigaStudio's GigaPulse files.

It was a long time ago, so I don't recall exactly what steps I took... generally speaking, I made sure that all of my GigaPulse files were moved into the same folder, and double-checked the path that GigaPulse checked when looking for IRs.

Sorry I couldn't be more clear about this... but, once I finished noodling around, I never had the problem again, so there will hopefully be light at the end of your tunnel as well...
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

sounds like a clock issue??

I had this issue too, though I had so many porblems at the time, I can't remember how it was resolved.

I do remember that I was attempting use gigapulse and my sequencer (sonar 4 SE), which was playing video, and that I was using a high memory config preset (#3 or 4), as my RAM was problematic. I was doing all this on one machine. Ultimately, I think it went away when I removed the culprit RAM stick(s), and lowered my preset.

Do a search for threads with similar subjects to this one, and you'll find other complaints of this nature, which may not offer solutions, but are valuable for comparison to your situation.

Are you having any other weird things happen? Buggy video behavior? Samples dropping out?

QUOTE:....but happens whenever I use LSD....

Hmm.... Maybe you need to try composing on something less of a stimulant...

Belbin

thanks for replys.

I use an rme fireface and am not about the change it, nor put GS on its own machine.

alanb, it would be real helpful; if you could tell me how you have the impulses,.. in what folder, on what drive.

I'm sure it is an impulse issue, I never have this problem with GS using scarbee bass libs,.... (no gigapulse)

Thanks

Peter

Are you running GS 3.12? That noise thing was supposed to have been fixed.

- G

Do you have anything plugged in to your equipment that is unplugged and touching metal or going to ground? Maybe a ground loop..Maybe a software midi thru loop..sequencer set to play audio rather than giga..eq..too much boost above 5k..sound card mic plugged into an open mic..sequencer input/output correctly selected?..Equipment correctly set ?..early signal path noise being amplified..preamp amplifing but not a signal recieved to amplify..so self noise is amplified..have you correctly established a gain structure?..low batteries on an effect pedal?...unshielded strat hooked up to computer..sound card or outboard gear hookup and or configuration appears to be most likely cause..mechanical damage to a cable (check with known good cable)..wireless mic on open channel..loose screw on dual bannana connector on power amp....humm=ground loop..hiss=poor gain structure..buzz=power line..balanced output driving an unbalanced=>check mic cable and mic ground...try moving cables by hand to see if the noise changes..what did you change last?cables in right places.. speakers correctly hooked up?..input output levels matched on gear..rewire mode turned on? snares and cymbals have elements of white noise..drum mic/eq/boost issue?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMcC
    alanb, it would be real helpful; if you could tell me how you have the impulses,.. in what folder, on what drive.
    I have a separate hard drive ("G:") for my samples.

On that hard drive, there is a folder called:

G:\TASCAM\GPulse\Common

That folder contains a lot of .fxb and .iis files.

That folder also contains a number of subfolders, including:

bin [filled with .dat files]

Factory Banks [LS-related... contains more .fxb and .iis files]

Factory Mics [LS-related... contains two .ini files, and a "bin" subfolder filled with .dat files]

Larry Seyer\Acoustic Drums\Room Colors [LS-related... contains more .fxb and .iis files]
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Go Back to forum