• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Mallets Sound Kit not working on Intel Mac

Share/Bookmark

Mallets Sound Kit not working on Intel Mac

I just received my Mallet Sound Kit today and updated my MacBook using the combination Instrument Updator 1.7 and NOTION doesn't recognize my new sound kit. Has anyone else had this problem???

Re: Mallets Sound Kit not working on Intel Mac

Correction- it's not reading in either Mac or my desktop PC. And I have installed and run the 1.7 updator's on both before and after installing the Sound Kit. this is weird!

okay, I just confirmed my suspicions- I loaded up NOTION and the samples do show up within the program even though About Notion doesn't confirm they are there. And I cannot get the Crotales to sound....

Is it simply not showing up in the About box, or is it not enabled in the Score Setup menu?

I know you updated the Instrument Updater to 1.7, but which program version are you on? It should be 1.5.5 .

I have 1.5.5 on both computers. The samples do show up in the instrument selection window and they do play but the PC makes an awful clicking noise in the audio stream before a passage is played by the marimba, vibes, or chimes. the crotales don't sound on either my PC nor Mac.

When the samples load up upon boot up of the program, the lower right part of the window normally shows what is loading i.e. "Loading: Percussion" or "Loading: Strings". When it comes to what I can only assume is the Mallets, it simply says "Loading: " with no name indicated.

I've emailed our developers about this (they've already left for the day), and I'll make sure I have something to tell you tomorrow.

That's great Jason. Thanks kindly.

Okay, here goes:

The crotales will not work until the Application Updater 1.5.6 comes out on Tuesday. This was due to the application updater being delayed past the release date for the Mallets kit. You shouldn't have any issues with the crotales' playback once that update is installed.

As for the clicking noise, we think there is a conflict with Microsoft Outlook Email notifier. We're looking into it. If you have time today, would you be willing to contact our tech support? I spoke with our developers, so they are aware of it, but going through tech support provides an organized method for solving this that will ensure it doesn't fall through the cracks.

I received my Mallet kit today as well. Windows format. I loaded it as I have every other kit previously (I own all but saxophones), and I too do not see it listed as being one of the Extended Orchestra instruments recognized in the HELP--About querry. Will the new update on Tuesday fix this or is there more to the problem? Also, I did not find success in registering it on the ILOK website either. Is there a programming flaw on the DVD or something else amiss?

I was able to register the iLok but something about the new library didn't behave nicely with NOTION on the PC nor the MacBook so I was forced to do a system restore on the PC and re-installed OSx on my Macbook because it was shutting down randomly (something I've discovered has to do with when the Intel Macs don't like a program). Both computers work fine now but I have held off re-installing the Mallets Sound Kit until Tuesday since I'd rather not go through the hassle of re-installing everything again (can't wait for Leopard for the Mac to come out!).

Go Back to forum