• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GVI is coming!?

Share/Bookmark

GVI is coming!?

Hello
    A good news?
    I received an e-mail from TASCAM.
    You can now pre-order GVI on the Tascam Wesite. They say it will be shipped this month...
    Best Service will make there best service and so you will be able to preoder in germany.
    Anton Bruckner

Re: GVI is coming!?

I have e-mailed a question to Time and Space to see whether we purchase the crossgrade from them .... which Best Service seem to offer.

But if you are reading this Time & Space .... could you advise on whether the cross-grade will be available form yourselves.

Shipping rates from Tascamin the US are extortionate to say the least ... so a local supply would be best.
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

So does this mean that I can finally use giga as a VST in Cubase? I'm sure that there are many libs out there I'd like to have but have never considered because I didnt want to dedicate an entire PC to Giga. Might be nice.

Eric

I clicked on the link in the email, typed in my name and serial number for the upgrade and all I get is the upgrade for GigaStudio Orchestra which is what I already have. Does anyone else get the GVI upgrade?

Jim

I'll resend this question later but do you think GVI will be better than GS3 Rewire ?

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    I clicked on the link in the email, typed in my name and serial number for the upgrade and all I get is the upgrade for GigaStudio Orchestra which is what I already have. Does anyone else get the GVI upgrade?

Jim

I got the GVI upgrade screen. It was $75.00 US. A good price, but I already have the FX-Max product, and I typically use Giga on a seperate machine, so i'm still deciding whether I will purchase it.

Lee, for those of us who have never managed to obtain a stable solution with GS3, GVI is hopefully more reliable and will allow us to use our older libraries, even if if no new libraries come out.

I know lots of people have successful GS3 set-ups, but I never achieved this happy state of affairs ... probably because I didn't run it on a dedicated machine. I've lost count of the number of times I had to re-build my PC from scratch. I removed GS3 6 months ago, and haven't had a single BSOD since then. It will *never* be re-installed.

I still don't like Kontakt much ... too many bells and whistles for my needs. If GVI is kept as a simple, stable playback engine for my existing libraries I will be content .... if developers are attracted back to it via a GVI player, or some other secure solution, then wonderful.

I do wonder if the GVI delays are not somehow linked to the Project SAM delays. Maybe Project SAM will surprise us all with a GVI Player version of TrueStrikes I and II.
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

I haven't seen any mention of what, if any, libraries will come with GVI. Anyone know?

buzzzzzzzzzz.............

Quote Originally Posted by SyQuEsT
    I'll resend this question later but do you think GVI will be better than GS3 Rewire ?
    One area where it won't be better is GigaPulse.

The Tascam GVI product information says this:
    GVI takes advantage of the latest Giga technology, like 96kHz/24-bit sample support, iMIDI rules for realistic phrasing and embedded GigaPulse technology for instrument resonance and ambience.
    Larry Seyer made this statement over at the LearnGigaStudio.com forum:
    http://learngigastudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18
    OK, from the horses mouth... Got this from Bert today...

The short answer to your question is, "No. GPulse content cannot be used by GPulse on GVI (GPulseVI) the same way it is used by GPulse in GStudio (GPulseNFX)". To use GPulse content, it has to be made part of an instrument being loaded into GVI.

GigaPulse, being a plugin itself, does not plugin to the GVI plugin (there is no mixer in GVI). So GVI does not support independent GPulse content (IIS files). GVI DOES,however, support GPulse encoded instruments. When these instruments are loaded, the GPulse control surface is accessible tweak the levels, perspective, etc.

There are a couple differences between using a GPulse encoded instrument on GVI and GStudio:
    1. GPulseVI (and GVI) are operating in user mode (slower performance).
    while GPulseNFX (and GStudio) operate in kernel mode.
    2. GPulseVI only allows mono/stereo output, while GPulseNFX allows up to 7 channel output.
    I purchased the GVI upgrade, so I like the product. However, I think it will be best used with existing Giga libraries (especially ones that have embedded impulses like Larry Seyer Drums or SISC).

Of course, now I have a question about GigaPulse VST. I am wondering if GVI + GP VST would give me similar functionality to GS3 (of course being only 2 channel).

IMO if you are going to start paying for a VST reverb, then you should look at Wizzoo or Altiverb, as I think that they sound way better than GP.

D

Go Back to forum