• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: KHSO Emerald in EXS24 NOW SHIPPING!

Share/Bookmark

KHSO Emerald in EXS24 NOW SHIPPING!

Khso Emerald in the EXS24 format is finally done. And I must say that I really like the feel of it in this platform!

It is now shipping! However, I'm continuing the pre-release sale until the end of this week.

So hurry and get this 30GB orchestral beast for a paltry $275.00 before it goes up.

Thanks!
    Kirk Hunter

Re: KHSO Emerald in EXS24 NOW SHIPPING!

mine's on its way!!!

Bring it on! My harddrive is able, my mailman is willing, and I am ready.

I like the new website, too.

Is this better than that terrible, unusable flute library I once bought from you? I really hope and wish for your new customers that you have improved your recording and editing chops with your newer products.

Sorry for being so grumpy, but after checking your flute library I was really apalled by the editing tricks that were so all over that library...

peter, i can't say anything about the flute library since i don't have it nor have i heard it, but i've been really happy with the khso emerald (giga version) and it seems lots of other people here have been too. it's pretty compact, usable in a no-frills way and generally has a sound that i really like. having said that... i'm not an orchestral composer nor a pro so i can only speak out my humble uninformed opinion.

still, eagerly waiting for my exs24 crossgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by zion15
    peter, i can't say anything about the flute library since i don't have it nor have i heard it, but i've been really happy with the khso emerald (giga version) and it seems lots of other people here have been too. it's pretty compact, usable in a no-frills way and generally has a sound that i really like. having said that... i'm not an orchestral composer nor a pro so i can only speak out my humble uninformed opinion.

still, eagerly waiting for my exs24 crossgrade...
    Well I am an orchestral composer and IMHO the flutes in Emerald are very far from "unusable".
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

I guess my KH flute library is a probably a pre-Emerald product. I am now using DDSW, VSL and an occasional AO program now, which work fine together.

the legato live flute in Emerald is certainly the most beautiful i've heard. Its full version takes up an absurd 0.54Gb RAM but fortunately there are almost as good less greedy substitutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dko22
    the legato live flute in Emerald is certainly the most beautiful i've heard. Its full version takes up an absurd 0.54Gb RAM but fortunately there are almost as good less greedy substitutes.
    I'm going to be writing some new less "greedy" instruments...especially for the flute. Honestly, in my opinion, the only kinda "questionable" sound in the flute are the F and/or FF layer. The overtones of the flute at those levels kinda rang a bit too sympathetically with the hall. But it's all subjective. And since I personally like the sound of a flute being played really loud, and not TOO airy, I added it. My point is that stripping the 2 top velocity layers out of the 6 layer patch might make a more suitable instrument for most applications and at the same time, make it less greedy.

Go Back to forum