• Register
  • Help

Topic: Retriggering the same note with legato samples

Share/Bookmark

Retriggering the same note with legato samples

You know how you can't retrigger the same note without leaving a bit of a pause in between when using legato samples? I was wondering if there's a way around that. I tried using the ghost key, but it doesn't seem to work.

Re: Retriggering the same note with legato samples

Quote Originally Posted by Rogles
    You know how you can't retrigger the same note without leaving a bit of a pause in between when using legato samples? I was wondering if there's a way around that. I tried using the ghost key, but it doesn't seem to work.
    The ghost key works. I've seen it, but it's hard to find: Octave numbers don't always line up from app to app, and if you've transposed the part, don't forget to transpose the ghost key, too!

If this fails, you could load the same sound on a different midi channel, routed to the same dsp station channel, and trigger your repeats there. PITA, but doable.

Belbin

What library?

D

Well one of the libraries I'm using right now is Prominy's LPC Guitar. The ghost key doesn't seem to do anything to remedy it, so I either have to leave a little gap between the notes (which doesn't sound too good - at least for what I'm trying to do) or create a seperate track using a different midi channel as belbin said. Actually, I find it strange that Gigastudio won't let you retrigger a second legato note immediately after the previous note is released. I don't expect a legato transition sample to be played between two of the same note - it should just play a regular starting note sample.

I can't help you there, as I don't know that library. The only thing that I can say is that in other libraries one can sometimes use the sustain pedal to cover the gap.

D

Go Back to forum