• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Topic: Why is giga so buggy?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Why is giga so buggy?

    Aside from giga, non of my audio apps ever crash.

  2. #2

    Re: Why is giga so buggy?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sinner
    Aside from giga, non of my audio apps ever crash.

    Likewise....and Tascam tech support dont even bother to reply to our cries for help :-((
    I get ignored constantly

  3. #3

    Re: Why is giga so buggy?

    I mean most crashes are a combo of software and user errors, but since non of my other programs including OS's EVER crash, and i am running the oftern complained about DP5.1, I jsut DONT get it!!

  4. #4

    Re: Why is giga so buggy?

    You ever had a girl so beautiful you just knew you were madly in love with her, only to find when she finally says yes, that no matter what you do you can't seem to please her? Then finally after giving up on her, you come across her somewhere with a wedding ring on, looking all giddy and in love? You say to yourself, wonder how this guy did it. He's just a geek!.
    Well, giga seems to be just like that. I thought I was so experienced until I ran into this girl. Now I'm trying to learn from the guys who found the right buttons to push. Man! It ain't easy startin' over.
    -Rajay

  5. #5

    Re: Why is giga so buggy?

    Quote Originally Posted by rajay
    You ever had a girl so beautiful you just knew you were madly in love with her, only to find when she finally says yes, that no matter what you do you can't seem to please her? Then finally after giving up on her, you come across her somewhere with a wedding ring on, looking all giddy and in love? You say to yourself, wonder how this guy did it. He's just a geek!.
    Well, giga seems to be just like that. I thought I was so experienced until I ran into this girl. Now I'm trying to learn from the guys who found the right buttons to push. Man! It ain't easy startin' over.
    -Rajay
    Actually, I kinda see Gigastudio as the super finicky, snooty, crazy psycho girl. I'm mean come on! Gigastudio even gets jealous if you decide to use Kontakt and then refuses to put out - errr... I mean 'work'. She'll even attempt to get revenge and try to destroy your machine!

  6. #6

    Re: Why is giga so buggy?

    I had to laugh. There's a lot of truth to that observation. I was just trying to be nice Well if you can't find the right buttons, then I guess you gotta keep her on the right drugs huh? The legal kind that is.
    -Rajay
    Last edited by rajay; 09-19-2006 at 09:37 AM. Reason: reference to drugs need clarification

  7. #7

    Re: Why is giga so buggy?

    You can get meds for Gigastudio??? Hook me up!

    I just wish she wasn't such a selfish prima donna. I mean, she actually has the audacity to demand her own machine?! What Gigastudio, you mean to tell me you're too good to share a computer with other software? And seriously, what's your problem with Kontakt? Did she call you 'fat' or something?

    I'll tell you what, I'm starting to think about maybe hooking up with her little sister, GVI. I hear she might even be into doing threesomes (or even more!).

  8. #8

    Re: Why is giga so buggy?

    Hello all,
    here's the easy explanation for "buggy":
    Fact: PC's are not built for continous heavy processing.

    You try to develop a multi cannel realtime audio processing software = heavy processing.

    Possible Solution: You try to squeeze out as much power as possible from the office machine so you dig around the kernel of the OS, you build Services running with "realtime priority", you use forbidden protected areas of RAM aso.

    Effects: BSOD, IRQL, crackles...

    May work, may not

  9. #9

    Re: Why is giga so buggy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoitabuam
    Hello all,
    here's the easy explanation for "buggy":
    Fact: PC's are not built for continous heavy processing.

    You try to develop a multi cannel realtime audio processing software = heavy processing.

    Possible Solution: You try to squeeze out as much power as possible from the office machine so you dig around the kernel of the OS, you build Services running with "realtime priority", you use forbidden protected areas of RAM aso.

    Effects: BSOD, IRQL, crackles...

    May work, may not
    I know what your saying, but I tried out some of the Vienna VIs and they run much better than Gigastudio and they are still powerful. I do wonder how Gigastudio would run if it didn't work on a kernal level. Is it really worth the buggyness? Perhaps GVI will help answer that...

  10. #10

    Re: Why is giga so buggy?

    come on its 2006, I should be able to use all the RAM i want. they are just lazy programers, notice how sexy their website is over at tascam? its pure crap.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •