• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: TASCAM now taking GVI pre-orders...

Share/Bookmark

TASCAM now taking GVI pre-orders...

I just received a mass e-mail from TASCAM.

They are now accepting pre-orders for GVI, which "will be shipping this month."
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Re: TASCAM now taking GVI pre-orders...

and they want to charge $60 dollars to ship to Europe !!!!

Plus we will have to payImport duty on top of the combined charges of $75 and $60.

Come on Tascam, sell the upgrade over the counter.
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

Have you already confirmed, through TASCAM Europe for example, that there won't be any way to order GVI from Europe, and that you have no choice but to purchase it the way you are already complaining about?
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Buchan
    and they want to charge $60 dollars to ship to Europe !!!!

Plus we will have to payImport duty on top of the combined charges of $75 and $60.

Come on Tascam, sell the upgrade over the counter.

Well I was just about to place an order until I saw that the shipping cost to Australia is $85 !! ($10 more than the product cost!) Usually to ship a product like this is around $20. What is Tascam doing?? Needless to say I didn't place the order

Mal

Well, I placed mine last night. Thanks Alan. I just hope it's all it's cracked up to be. I don't think anything can outdo the completeness of GS3 but maybe it's all I need to get a project up and running quicker. ( He sighs as he crosses his fingers.....again)
    -Rajay

alanb

"Note: GigaStudio Upgrade Versions can only be purchased through the TASCAM web store."

No, dumb smuck that I am, I just kinda interpreted the above statement from the pricing page at face value. But since you made me feel so stupid for not checking .... TASCAM TEAC Europe don't have a web store, and so using my limited powers of deduction I've come to a conclusion that it "can only be purchased through the TASCAM web store."

Unless you're willing to purchase it for me, and ship it at sensible rate
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

After reading this it reminds what a great country America is and a great place to live.

I was going to order but they went from charging $50 for an upgrade to $75. The total comes to $90 with S&H. That changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    After reading this it reminds what a great country America is and a great place to live.

I was going to order but they went from charging $50 for an upgrade to $75. The total comes to $90 with S&H. That changed my mind.

Mine went from $50 to $75+$85 shipping=US$160 !! with import duties, GST and exccange rate will be up around $250+
    I still might take the plunge as GS3 is a nightmare on my new Core 2 system

That´s a bad joke boys..

I will call my local dealer and ask him if he could make the upgrade for me. In Germany i have to pay 70 $ for the shipping and thats an insolence.

If there´s no possibility.. Tascam loose an customer.

*angry*

Greetz

SoniX

P.S. @Tascam ... WHATS YOUR PROBLEM GUYS ? .. Same stupid behavior than Adobe and Steinberg ???

someone on the learngigastudio forum said they were told from TASCAM that the U.K. and Europe will be eligible to purchase from Time and Space as well as Best Service. So lets wait and see.
    David Carter (DaveTubaKing)

Intel 8 Core i7 975 Extreme Edition 3.33GHz, Corsair 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz , Sibelius 6.1, Symphonic cube, MIR, Vienna Choir

www.davetubaking.com

Go Back to forum