• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Possible Stradivari Competition in the future?

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Possible Stradivari Competition in the future?

With the release of the Stradivari 2.0 coming up any week now, I just have to ask hehe

Gary, any plans in the works for a
    Stradivari competition similar to the GPO competition last year?

For that matter, is there any interest in such a competition?

JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Re: Possible Stradivari Competition in the future?

JP,

What a great idea - a virtual Stradivari violin competition. What a terrific way to discover major talent and nurture those mastery of the instrument is identified. I believe such a competition will enrich the musical experience of those involved.

What does everyone think of a Stradivari competition?

Thanks for the suggestion JP.

Gary Garritan

I think it is an interesting idea, but why only the Stradivari? Three more instruments are about to meet the world. Why discriminate against them? Afterall, some people prefer the sound of a violin and others the sound of a cello or viola or even a contrabass (sic! ), and I suppose you are most likely to excell with your favourite instrument.

My vote goes to a Garritan Solo Strings Competition.

...and the winner gets a real Stradivarius!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    ...and the winner gets a real Stradivarius!
    Or a copy of Stadivarius 2.0. This competition would only be available to those who can afford to purchase a copy. Sort of a catch 22, right?
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Quote Originally Posted by JPGarbarini
    With the release of the Stradivari 2.0 coming up any week now, I just have to ask hehe

Gary, any plans in the works for a
    Stradivari competition similar to the GPO competition last year?

For that matter, is there any interest in such a competition?

WOE, WAIT A MINUTE HERE BILLBOARD BREATH! (just joking) What's this about a Stradivari 2.0 coming up any week now? Ezz this going to be download as update for those of us GPOer's to relish about soon? Well? Is it ... Punk?
    I don't think this is going to go over well with Harry Stradivari.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    I think it is an interesting idea, but why only the Stradivari? Three more instruments are about to meet the world. Why discriminate against them? Afterall, some people prefer the sound of a violin and others the sound of a cello or viola or even a contrabass (sic! ), and I suppose you are most likely to excell with your favourite instrument.

My vote goes to a Garritan Solo Strings Competition.
    I'd love to see this kind of competition as well. But since those libraries aren't out yet, and the Stradivari has been out awhile, I figured a Stradivari competition would be fun for current and prospective users.

Or a copy of Stadivarius 2.0. This competition would only be available to those who can afford to purchase a copy. Sort of a catch 22, right?
    Prizes would be nice but I'll settle on bragging rights ... it doesn't have to be a competition on the scale of the GPO competition. I just thought it would be something fun us to do
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Prizes would be nice but I'll settle on bragging rights ... it doesn't have to be a competition on the scale of the GPO competition. I just thought it would be something fun us to do
    Bragging rights would be nice. Now if someone can just tell me how to convince the wife to fork over the cash......
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Thumbs up Re: Possible Stradivari Competition in the future?

But of course! A Stradivari contest would ROCK!

Geez, I'm getting an afflatus right now. Must...write...some...violin solos!
    Where my Strad 2 is at?!?!!
    "But what about rules of verse? Iambic pentameter is where it's at! Hit it, the Cheat!"

Quote Originally Posted by JPGarbarini
    I'd love to see this kind of competition as well. But since those libraries aren't out yet, and the Stradivari has been out awhile, I figured a Stradivari competition would be fun for current and prospective users.

A Stradivari competition certainly would be fun. Should be do original works or existing classics, or both? With the Stradivari 2 we could get some very interesting entries.

Let's do it!

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum