• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: TruePianos piano VSTi ?

Share/Bookmark

TruePianos piano VSTi ?

(also posted in virtual instruments group but only one reply so far over there)

Hi,

I've been reading this forum (silently) for many months now but felt like asking a question now..

I've been reading on KVR-audio about a new quite mysterious piano VSTi.. Today somebody posted a movie of somebody playing and talking about the instrument. Does anybody have more information about this product ?

The link to the movie is:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...6&q=truepianos

The 'next video' link also seems to be using the same piano from what I can hear..

If anybody has some information please tell me... I was thinking about grabbing Pianoteq after playing with the demo but now i'm not sure anymore.

Thanks,
    Michael

Re: TruePianos piano VSTi ?

Probably you will be glad to read about it in their main page (4front: http://www.yohng.com/piano.html ) Their has nice free piano modules, but about a "revolutionary one" i quote:

Professional modules

Professional versions of all 4Front Instrument Modules are in development. They will be available commercially, will have generally cleaner sound and have more control (and twice bigger size).

Though, I cannot promise boxed versions. It will be still available as electronic download. Due to a limited manpower and resources, I cannot satisfy the demand on packaging and sending boxed versions of software. (there will be no time for research and development then)

Though, I'd be happy to know, if someone wants to take care of this.
    HOpe that`s the info you was looking for
    Marcelo Colina

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that the quote describes more advanced cleaner versions of existing free VSTi's on that page and isn't about this product. I've been on that website too many times and the quote is ancient.

The video also links to: http://www.truepianos.com/
    .. which seems under construction.

Thanks,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by marce
    Probably you will be glad to read about it in their main page (4front: http://www.yohng.com/piano.html ) Their has nice free piano modules, but about a "revolutionary one" i quote:

HOpe that`s the info you was looking for

That 4front and mda have been around quite awhile like you said. Seems like it's a different thing, could be wrong... but this truepiano (at least from the video) sounds very interesting.

It's the first I've heard of it but I hope you'll post if you get anymore word on it.

Check this thread at kvraudio:
    http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...er=asc&start=0

he says in two weeks.
    Marcelo Colina

Thanks for the update.

It's out now. The demo & demo video are amazing. ...love it.

And the price is very reasonable....with the option to renew a subscription for continued access to updates & new modules.

www.truepianos.com

[Note: I'm not affiliated with them. But the design is what I've been hunting for a piano virtual instrument ever since I started using a DAW...]

I agree... had a chance to play with the demo last night, and the price, performance, soudn quality, and features are just right. Won't be discarding my many sampled piano libraries just yet, but this product is definately worth a download (40-day full-feature trial).

Oh, an the startup time is instantaneous, for all intents and purposes, which makes it a very nice option for scratch work, practice, live play, etc., if not final production...

Sounds cool. Thats amazing that it is running in system memory with no disk streaming. Putting the tech aside, I wonder soundwise how it compares to Ivory and Acoustik Piano.

My one critique with the video - The tank top has got to go!
    P4 3.0, 2 gig ram, nvidia 6800gt, 3 SATA drives, EMU-1820M, UAD-1, Studiologic SL-110, Mackie Universal Controller, Behringer Truth B2031A, Cubase SX3, Kontakt2, EWQL Gold, EWQL Choirs, EWQL Collosus, NI Akoustik Piano, NI Elektrik Piano, NI B4 II, EZ Drummer, Lyrical Distortion 1+2, Scarbee Bass, Real Guitar2, Atmospheres, Absynth1, GPO

I tried out the demo tonight. Wow. Really good. WAY better than PianoTeq. I will probably buy this one at some point. This is possibly the perfect piano I need for live gigging with my laptop. Takes up utterly no HD space and sounds pretty great on the limited test I did. I need to hook it up to my MP9000 controller and try playing some real stuff.
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Go Back to forum