• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Could This Possibly Be One of the Best Sampled Solo Violin Demos Ever?

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Could This Possibly Be One of the Best Sampled Solo Violin Demos Ever?

Oh, I see where you're going with this post! You're messing with us. You are SUCH a tease, the way you toy with us. Are we just puppets in your sampling scheme?

OK, I admit it. The title is an attention grabber. But the Stradivari 2.0 is so monumental and I want you to hear this demo and learn more about it.

David Hearn did this piece with the new Stradivari 2.0 just this morning. Just close your eyes and listen:

For Claire
    http://www.garritan.com/Strad/ForClaire.mp3

"I've been using it pretty much since I woke up this morning, and it's worked flawlessly", writes David. "For me, the tone is much improved on the Strad 2.0 - the lyrical violin really seems to sing from underneath the hands .. instead of feeling like a programmer, I feel like a performer. This is not a library - it is an instrument." David did an extraordinary job with the composition and the rendering of this piece.

I know, there's going to be naysayers and air violinists who will have something to say (you know who you are). But once we got to play with this updated Stradivari, we were changed people. Quicker than we could say “pizzicato” an entire world of virtuosity opened up before our ears, a sophisticated plethora of untold articulations and techniques effortless dancing under our fingers in real-time. We were caught up in the ecstasy of untold stringed splendor.

Thanks to the exclusive "Sonic Morphing" technology, the Stradivari remains the only solo string library that lets you seamlessly crossfade among dynamics (pp to ff) and is the only solo violin library that let's you continuously control the onset, rate and speed of the vibrato in real time. No more freeze-dried samples. And this instrument just got better as the processes have been refined and perfected by Giorgio. The speed at which you can work - almost total expressive control in real-time!

There have been a lot of improvements. First and foremost is the inclusion of the long-awaited Kontakt 2 Player as you no longer need the full version of Kontakt to run it. A very important new feature is the addition of a "Lyrical" violin (in addition to the 'classic' version) for a fuller, sweeter and more dramatic tone, yet maintaining the timbre of the Stradivari. There is also reduced CPU and convolver latency in this latest version allowing for Stradivari-like instruments (involving each own independent midi processor and body resonance IR) to be loaded and played in real time on a single computer. Giorgio has refined the morphing process to reduce timbral inhomogenities among adjacent notes allowing smoother continuous crossfade among the sample layers. There's also new bow change features, sustain pizz and other features in this new version. this instrument keeps geting better and better.

The wonderment of the wonder of this wondrous instrument is just beyond description. This violin may just warm the iciest of souls, bring grown men to tears, and melt the hardest of cheeses.

The Stradivari 2.0 is about to be released in just a few weeks.

Re: Could This Possibly Be One of the Best Sampled Solo Violin Demos Ever?

Wow, beautiful. Really, there aren't many other words to say it

Is this going to be an update to the existing Strad? I may actually give it a purchase with these great improvements.

Nice improvements in tone. And very nice composition and performance by David Hearn!

Best,
    Jay

WOW!

This is amazing! Gary and crew, you're the best!!!
    David you should be proud! I would have thought that the violin was LIVE if I didn't know better.

Oohh!!! I can't wait to get this one!

Steph
    Last edited by Stephanie Pray; 09-17-2006 at 11:30 PM. Reason: forgot an "and"

That just made my night.
    The piece is beautiful.
    The bowing and dynamics are phenomenal.

Giorgio, Stephano, Gary, and David, you guys are nothing short of remarkable.

Sheesh! THAT is gorgeous!!!

Extremely well done. And that is such a beautiful song. My 16 month old daughter is named Claire, and that made me think of her, while I was getting wowed by the great performance and rendering.

Bravo

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Wow. Beautiful.

I'm just in speechless awe... this is incredible.

You guys are amazing. Thank you.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Could This Possibly Be One of the Best Sampled Solo Violin Demos Ever?
    Yes, no doubt!

I know, there's going to be naysayers and air violinists who will have something to say (you know who you are).

I would have comments, probably more about the rendering than about the instrument, but I am swallowing them.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Whatever.....you ain't got me fooled.....there's no way that thing can be fake.
    Garam Heo, Contemporary Christian Artist
    Music produced by Christopher and Craig Reeves
    http://www.garamheo.com
    http://www.youtube.com/GaramHeoMusic
    SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR A FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD!

Thanks for your kind comments and the warm welcome to the new “lyrical” version of the Stradivari.

I’d like to underscore that the whole concept of reducing timbrical inhomogeneities among adjacent notes was carried forward by Stefano Lucato, a musical genius to whom goes all my gratitude.

David Hearn did a wonderful work, feeling like a “performer“, as he says. And I’m very proud of his final comment: “This is not a library - it is an instrument”, which reflects the philosophy behind the Solo Strings Project.

These instruments are a work in progress. You may expect further improvements to be available as updates in the next few months.

As always, we’ll rely on your feedback.

Giorgio

Go Back to forum