• Register
  • Help

Topic: Student Film

Share/Bookmark

Student Film

Hi All!

I've been working on a student film and I thought I would share a couple of scenes. The first is not GPO, so you do not need to view it, but I thought you might enjoy it. It was done in Garage Band. The second has GPO and some synth mods. I'll upload the finished product in a couple weeks.

Drug Bust

Strung Out

As always - thanks for listening!

~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Re: Student Film

Hi Paula!

I expected some video in your "Drug Bust" and "Strung Out", but there is only sound. Is it supposed to be that way?

Aleksandar

I could see it. Very good.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Nice!

Pretty interesting watching a hot girl strung out on meth - asking for "the stuff". I actually kinda want to see it when they finish it, now - the music fit really well in the movie, too. Kinda giving that "driving pulse" to it.
    Garam Heo, Contemporary Christian Artist
    Music produced by Christopher and Craig Reeves
    http://www.garamheo.com
    http://www.youtube.com/GaramHeoMusic
    SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR A FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar
    Hi Paula!

I expected some video in your "Drug Bust" and "Strung Out", but there is only sound. Is it supposed to be that way?

Aleksandar
    Thanks for trying to see it. They are Quicktime movies, so I suspect some people may not be able to view it. I'm not sure how to convert them to Windows Media files from Mac. Maybe I need a special program? I am working from DP & Final Cut Express. Maybe this is a question I should pose in the technical section? Anyways, I think the music may not be as interesting without the video. I'll work on converting it for Windows.

And many thanks to Hannes and Craig for your comments. I have not done much in this vein, but I am having fun. The next scene I have to do is an argument between "Meth" girl and her Dad (who happens to be the older DEA agent that you see the camera pan to momentarily in the shooting scene.) Kind of a neat twist...

Thanks for taking a look!
    ~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

I guess it is platform to platform problem. I have QuickTime Player Pro 6.5, still no picture.

Aleksandar

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar
    I guess it is platform to platform problem. I have QuickTime Player Pro 6.5, still no picture.

Aleksandar
    I just upgraded to 7.1.3. Do you think that matters? Is it backward compatible? Maybe I did something wrong in the conversion? I'm sorry. I will try to find out what I could have done.

~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Gosh, Paula, I'm very sorry -- but I am unable to
    open these. I was very much looking forward to
    them!

Would it be possible for you to also post them in
    .wmv or .avi format?

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll
    I just upgraded to 7.1.3. Do you think that matters? Is it backward compatible? Maybe I did something wrong in the conversion? I'm sorry. I will try to find out what I could have done.

~Paula
    Paula,

I can't really say . Anyways, if you can, try to render it in avi or wmv as David suggested.

My best,

Aleksandar

Go Back to forum