• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with JABB and Sibelius 4.1

Share/Bookmark

Problem with JABB and Sibelius 4.1

I have GPO Sibelius upgrade and it works great. I have recently purchased JABB and installed it in order to use it as well with Sibelius, so I downloaded the updated Garritan Studio v.2 (GarritanStudio0004.zip). I can use JABB with no problem as a RTAS plugin in Protools Le, but whenever I try to use with Sibelius (previuosly launching Garritan Studio) the following things happen: First on Garritan Studio, if I click on any of the eight players it shows in Bold face the word "PERSONAL ORCHESTRA" but the words "Jazz Big Band" appear barely shaded and can not be selected. Second, when I launch Sibelius JABB does'nt appear on the "Playback Devices" box so I can't make it work. Nevertheless GPO Studio (1-8) instances do appear in this box. I would appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks in advance. Greetings from Venezuela.

Re: Problem with JABB and Sibelius 4.1

>>I have GPO Sibelius upgrade and it works great. I have recently purchased JABB and installed it in order to use it as well with Sibelius, so I downloaded the updated Garritan Studio v.2 (GarritanStudio0004.zip). I can use JABB with no problem as a RTAS plugin in Protools Le, but whenever I try to use with Sibelius (previuosly launching Garritan Studio) the following things happen:

>>First on Garritan Studio, if I click on any of the eight players it shows in Bold face the word "PERSONAL ORCHESTRA" but the words "Jazz Big Band" appear barely shaded and can not be selected.

This is the problem. There is some issue with your Studio, possibly the installation, or possibly you are starting the older version of studio instead of the newer version. I know when I installed Studio 2 that Studio 1 was/is still on my system and I can still start version 1.

>>Second, when I launch Sibelius JABB doesn't appear on the "Playback Devices" box so I can't make it work. Nevertheless GPO Studio (1-8) instances do appear in this box.

This is correct and expected behavior. You will load JABB into the studio and assign the correct studio player (1-8) and channel.

It does work, I use it all of the time.
    //
    // Ars longa, vita brevis
    // http://edosbear.blogspot.com/
    //

Re: Problem with JABB and Sibelius 4.1

First of all, many thanks for your kind answer Mr. Sharpe, but sadly it did not help me. Regarding installation of Garritan Studio v.2, I previously uninstalled v.1 prior to install v2., so whenever I start Garritan Studio only v2. is launched. Nevertheless, I will check again all the installation in order to pinpoint any problem that I have not noticed before. Anyway, I still appreciate any advice somebody could give me.

Go Back to forum