• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which sequencers will move cc's along with a note?

Share/Bookmark

Question Which sequencers will move cc's along with a note?

Howdy, I frequently use breath+guitar controllers for midi work, especially for solo instruments. The combination works great, except that it tends to generate a lot of controller data. This would be fine, but my current sequencer (Cubase SL3) does not move the controller data when a note is moved (there is a workaround of cutting/moving chunks of the sequence from the main screen but this is quite cumbersome); do any of the other mainline sequencers allow you to move all of the associated controller data (cc's/pitchbend/etc) when you adjust a note's timing?

Thanks, Tarvin

Re: Which sequencers will move cc's along with a note?

I believe that the new kid on the block, reaper, do this.
    Marcelo Colina

Logic does.

Sonar does ... i.e. if you want it to do so. You can move everything independently if you choose ... or you can move it together.

You can do it in Cubase as well. You just need to select the data first. Obviously you need to have both options, as sometimes you don't want the controller information to move as well.

Sorry, I should have said that SX3 does. I've just noticed that you are using one of the bargain basement versions. I don't know about those......!

D

Thanks for the replies.

I was initially a bit sceptical about Reaper since it's not exactly 'mainstream', but I purchased it anyway, very soon after trying it out; it is an exceptional piece of software... reckon I'll 'settle' for going back and forth a bit between Cubase and Reaper for the moment.

Anyway, thanks very much for the responses.

ps - I assume Daryl was kidding about SL3 being 'bargain basement' (it's just below SX3 in the current product line)

Go Back to forum