• Register
  • Help

Topic: Refuge

Share/Bookmark

Refuge

"Refuge", is a popular South Yorkshire hymn tune by Fred Roebuck that has been set for Brass Band my Nigel Horne (https://www.bandsman.co.uk). I am presenting the Mr. Horne's fine arrangement using both GPO and JABB brass and percussion instruments.

http://www.bandsman.co.uk/sounds/Refuge.mp3

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Re: Refuge

[QUOTE=GaryBricI am presenting the Mr. Horne's fine arrangement using both GPO and JABB brass and percussion instruments.
    QUOTE]

Thanks Gary, a superb and stirring arrangement. Lovely dynamics and excellent use of GPO and JABB. Must check this one out as it isn't a hymn I know. It's not in the English Hymnal or Hymns Ancient and Modern which are the two collections I'm most familiar with. Thanks for sharing this. Regards, Graham

[quote=GrahamKeitch]
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBricI am presenting the Mr. Horne's fine arrangement using both GPO and JABB brass and percussion instruments.

Thanks Gary, a superb and stirring arrangement. Lovely dynamics and excellent use of GPO and JABB. Must check this one out as it isn't a hymn I know. It's not in the English Hymnal or Hymns Ancient and Modern which are the two collections I'm most familiar with. Thanks for sharing this. Regards, Graham
    Graham,

Thanks for your kind comments on the piece. My Horne did a splendid job on it and it was very enjoyable to do the rendering.

You might try contacting Nigel through his brass band site. I am sure he can fill you in on it far better than I can.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

I think "Never-Miss Nigel" might be fitting approbation;
    another very well done arrangement, Gary!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Nice work! I've heard the tune before, though I'm not sure where... probably church if it's from a hymn... and it certainly does sound churchy. It was a pleasure to listen to.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I think "Never-Miss Nigel" might be fitting approbation;
    another very well done arrangement, Gary!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Thanks for your comments David. Yes I agree Mr. Horne seems to have a good sense about him with these works. And adding the GPO/JABB sounds were equally as enjoyable.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Nice work! I've heard the tune before, though I'm not sure where... probably church if it's from a hymn... and it certainly does sound churchy. It was a pleasure to listen to.
    It is a hymn tune apparently popular in the Southern Yorkshire area. The brass band arr. fits it very well.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Go Back to forum