• Register
  • Help

Topic: HAlion 3 and EXS24mkll

Share/Bookmark

HAlion 3 and EXS24mkll

I am using Logic 7 and I purchased Halion 3. The EXS24mkll has a featured called "multi instrument", does HAlion do anything like this: where I can seperate the drum samples in 1 instance?

Re: HAlion 3 and EXS24mkll

Quote Originally Posted by mojamusic
    I am using Logic 7 and I purchased Halion 3. The EXS24mkll has a featured called "multi instrument", does HAlion do anything like this: where I can seperate the drum samples in 1 instance?
    What exctly do you mean by "separate"? You can select any number of samples within an instrument and make changes to only those by switching from "all samples" to "select samples". You can also create folders for certain samples (e.g. one for all the kick samples, one for all the snares etc etc) so they are essentially a "group" and can be selected for editing with one click.

The "multi instrument" in EXS24mkll allows you to have different EQ and processing for kik, snare and hats by sending them to different outputs, in one instance of EXS24mkll. Can I do this with Halion 3, inside Logic7?

The "multi instrument" in EXS24mkll allows you to have different EQ and processing for kik, snare and hats by sending them to different outputs, in one instance of EXS24mkll. Can I do this with Halion 3, inside Logic7?
    You are talking about a multi-channel instrument, not multi-timbral. I wjuld assume Halion can since Battery 2, Kontakt, RM IV, and many others do.

But why would you want to use Halion inside Logic when the EXS24 is so much more cpu efficient and well integrated in Logic Pro?
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Of course you can. Select any group of samples, switch to "select samples" (from "all samples") and assign them to the output of your choice. I only have Hal2 so I can't give you a step by step of how to do it in Hal3, since the layout has changed a bit. Check your manual, this should be easy to find.
    But why would you want to use Halion inside Logic when the EXS24 is so much more cpu efficient and well integrated in Logic Pro?
    Probably because the library he wants to use doesn't come in EXS format. Otherwise you're right it wouldn't make too much sense...

Go Back to forum