• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cubase 4 ?

Share/Bookmark

Cubase 4 ?

I caught the information of Cubase 4 at http://andremoroe.com/cubase/Cubase_4_pictures.html

I don't know whether it's a fact or not, but a brochure at the bottom of that page says "Dynamic MIDI Articulation of Notation Symbols for use with virtual orchestra libraries". Does somebody Know about this ? Is it like that of Overture4 or Finale's Human Playback ? If Cubase and GPO are integrated, I'll feel very happy.
    Tatsu Nagao
    YAMAHA P-120, Kontakt2, GPO, Garritan Strad and Gofriller, etc.

Re: Cubase 4 ?

Hm, we shall have to wait and see. Sounds exciting. And expensive

I believe you'll find that there is a press release and feature list out there on Cubase 4 that are a hoax. There is supposed to be a new version of Cubase 4SX coming in October, whether what's above is the hoax version or the real thing I don't know. I will say though that it would be unlike Steinberg to release an 'all the answers to our dreams' version 4 (else where is version 5 going to come from).

For a moment I was horrified by the Control Room screenshot - it reminded me of why I moved off of Logic and into Cubase VST in the first place - the dreaded Logic 'Environment' window used to fill me with dread of the knowledge that it was going to be completely hit or miss whether I was going to make Logic make any noise at all on a particular day.

Damn Fell for it...

There's truly lots of discussions around the world whether the press release is a fake. What's this, an audio producer's special episode of X files?

Computer Music Magazine has quite a lengthy article on the upcoming release. The SX in the title is apparently going to be dropped. I didn't read anything about Dynamic MIDI articulation of notation symbols, but Computer Music isn't really aimed at the virtual orchestra crowd, so maybe they left it out.

I hope this information isn't a hoax

BTW, the number of pendulums at the Steinberg's site dropped off to two from three this morning. It seems that we have to wait a few more days to get the official information.
    Tatsu Nagao

Quote Originally Posted by Doralin
    "Dynamic MIDI Articulation of Notation Symbols for use with virtual orchestra libraries"
    have to confess I don't fully understand this. If it's notation symbols then there must be some notation built in for it to articulate. Does that mean that the notation in Cubase will be completely overhauled and improved? Surely not to the extent of it being of a standard rivalling overture,Finale etc? But then perhaps it's just a hoax.

"Cubase 4" sections have appeared on the Cubase.net forum. If this is a hoax it's the most elaborate one since the moon landings )

I think the suggestion of 'hoax' is in the feature list, rather than the existence of a new version. The allegation is that a press release containing the feature list was 'enhanced' and re-circulated. Still what do I know...

Steinberg announced Cubase 4 today. But new score editor seems to be able to edit only MIDI CC. They say "The amazing MIDI Meaning feature translates notation symbols into MIDI parameters and offers a quick-audition function."
    I wish I could get notation symbols which stand for keyswitches and so on to control GPO.
    Tatsu Nagao

Go Back to forum