• Register
  • Help

Topic: pops and clicks driving me crazy

Share/Bookmark

pops and clicks driving me crazy

I'm gettign pops and clicks and can't seem to find the problem.

I'm running Gigastudio Orchestra 3.12 on a new Dimension Intel 2.66 Ghz with 2 gig of ram running through a Delta Audiophile 2496 soundcard via SPDIF into my mac running Pro Tools Le 7.1.

I've made the buffer settings the same on both apps. Eg 512 MB. both are set at 24 bits 44.1khz.

I've set the tweaks recommended by Tascam. though it might be Gigapulse but I'm only running two of them as an aux.

any ideas?

Cheers

Re: pops and clicks driving me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by therockstar30
    I'm gettign pops and clicks and can't seem to find the problem.

I'm running Gigastudio Orchestra 3.12 on a new Dimension Intel 2.66 Ghz with 2 gig of ram running through a Delta Audiophile 2496 soundcard via SPDIF into my mac running Pro Tools Le 7.1.

I've made the buffer settings the same on both apps. Eg 512 MB. both are set at 24 bits 44.1khz.

I've set the tweaks recommended by Tascam. though it might be Gigapulse but I'm only running two of them as an aux.

any ideas?

Cheers
    Sounds like a clocking issue. Check that you have Master and Slave set up correctly.

D

how exactly should I do that? I only have the SPDIF coming out of my pc to the mac. should I also have the Spdif out from mac back into the PC?

Thanks

how exactly should I do that? I only have the SPDIF coming out of my pc to the mac. should I also have the Spdif out from mac back into the PC?

Thanks
    You have mail.........

D

i've experienced the same problem as yours.
    i ran three gigapulse as aux according to the gigapulse tutorial (http://www.tascamgiga.com/gp/intro.html) and only used two of them and i got pops when an amount of polyphony was playing on the tracks with aux via gigapulse.
    when i removed gigapulse the pops were gone,so i think it's a gigapulse issue.
    i like gigapulse,but it seems i have to limit the usage of it ....

Try 1024, and then 2048, and see if that helps.

The higher numbers may increase latency, but first see whether it gets rid of the clicks/pops, and then worry about determining what is the optimal trade-off point between clicks/pops and latency...
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Go Back to forum