• Register
  • Help

Topic: What are the Best Upright Bass Samples?

Share/Bookmark

What are the Best Upright Bass Samples?

Looking for Sample Library or Virtual Instrument with Realistic Upright bass for jazz and neo-classical

Re: What are the Best Upright Bass Samples?

Spectrasonics' Trilogy always gets the job done for me.

I still like the old Dan Dean Upright..big fat sound that sounds great in a mix.

Larry Seyer's Upright Acoustic Bass is surely worthy of mention.

Bardstown Audio's THE BASS uses gut strings, to achieve an authentic '60's - 70's sound. Warmer than steel. I like the demos a lot.

Bardstown's bass sounds the best to me, IMO. The Larry Seyer one has an unrealistic amount of buzz and mwah on each note, or at least in the demos.

Keep an eye out for my new sampled upright (for ManyStation)that will be released soon.

I haven't heard many, but the one in Majsetic from Yellow tools is impresive. I comes with is player and you should listen to the demos.

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    I haven't heard many, but the one in Majsetic from Yellow tools is impresive. I comes with is player and you should listen to the demos.
    I only have YT Independence, which includes (I would assume a reduced version of) the Majestic Upright, and I must concur that it's very nice.

Ditto on Spectrasonics too much low end. I have just been listening to Bardstown bass. Im gonna get this one. Very realistic and warm.

I very often combine Ultimate soundbanks acoustic bass w/ trilogy. But I think Bardstown would be what Im looking for. www.BardstownAudio.com

The BASS is really good. The gut strings really seem to make a difference. There is also the VSL solo bass for those who want something for the orchestral. Sound. I imagine that the new VI version they released is good. I have the chamber strings only at the moment...

Go Back to forum