• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Do you own a copy of NOTION?

Share/Bookmark

Do you own a copy of NOTION?

I'd love to know who on the forum owns a copy already, who's thinking of buying, who has a demo, and who has decided against it (and why?).

Re: Do you own a copy of NOTION?

Hi,

after ordering the demo several months ago I reordered it now and got two. Since I am very busy just now it sits on my desk and waits for being installed.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

I have the demo disc
    []'s, Fabrício Zuccherato
    Wormhole Studios

Also demo disc here.

I've ordered the demo disk last week or so.

Still awaiting (but of corse I live in London...)

Got the demo disc.

I have it and have been using it since July. While it will never replace my Garritan or VSL libs (at least not at this time) I find the program very useful for sketching out scores and getting a good feel for what they will sound like once I start to put them into my sequencer.

The two things that I hate about the program are that you can't export it as a MIDI file and you can't hear the notes when you are inputting them. Other than that, I am really digging the program. It took me a day to get up to speed. Wish I learned Finale and Sibelius that fast!

My 2-cents!

Peace

rikp

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    I'd love to know who on the forum owns a copy already, who's thinking of buying, who has a demo, and who has decided against it (and why?).
    Hi, Jason...

Actually, I have a question.

I bought a copy from an individual...I tried to communicate with Notion, as did the seller.
    I heard nothing back, and I don't think the seller has, either...so I am assuming I am the legal owner.

It is now my intent to donate my copy of NOTION to the college at which I am a professor.
    I am sure that it will be a big help to students as they attempt to learn theory & composition.
    As to myself, I like NOTION just fine...it just duplicates what I already have (Finale, Overture, GPO, JABB, Kontakt 2, sequencers, etc.) and I would like to pass my copy on to the college as a donation, so that my faculty colleagues and students can use it. While it is a fine piece of s/w, it's languishing on my hard drive

Can you give me some advice, please?
    Regards...Jim Williams
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

I own a copy and also have the expanded String, Percussion, Brass and the upcoming Mallets. They are all great.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax
    Hi, Jason...

Actually, I have a question.

I bought a copy from an individual...I tried to communicate with Notion, as did the seller.
    I heard nothing back, and I don't think the seller has, either...so I am assuming I am the legal owner.

It is now my intent to donate my copy of NOTION to the college at which I am a professor.
    I am sure that it will be a big help to students as they attempt to learn theory & composition.
    As to myself, I like NOTION just fine...it just duplicates what I already have (Finale, Overture, GPO, JABB, Kontakt 2, sequencers, etc.) and I would like to pass my copy on to the college as a donation, so that my faculty colleagues and students can use it. While it is a fine piece of s/w, it's languishing on my hard drive

Can you give me some advice, please?
    Regards...Jim Williams
    I'm sorry we dropped the ball in communicating with you and your associate. I don't think I'm understanding exactly what advice you're looking for. You are the legal owner if you have the iLok and hard copy of the software. You are well within your rights to donate it to the university, and we appreciate you doing so. Let me know if this did or did not answer your question.
    --Jason

Go Back to forum