• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB Brass in Kontakt2

Share/Bookmark

JABB Brass in Kontakt2

The JABB Brass loads into Kontakt 2 with the 1st Glide Source Modulator for the Legato group(s) set to 2.2%. On playback the legato notes play badly out of tune (no portamento or pitchbend messages in the midi stream). Resetting this modulator to .20% fixes this problem. The instruments load in Kontakt 1 with the same settings but play fine which makes sense since the JABB player is Kontakt 1. My question, I guess for Tom, is what is the equivalent K2 setting for this parameter to keep the original intent of the instruments programming.

Re: JABB Brass in Kontakt2

I'll look into it and make a few tests. Identical numbers *should* give identical results but there have been a number of odd problems with the K1.5 programming running in K2. We hope to straighten out the majority of these with the K2 port.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    I'll look into it and make a few tests. Identical numbers *should* give identical results but there have been a number of odd problems with the K1.5 programming running in K2. We hope to straighten out the majority of these with the K2 port.

Tom
    Thanks Tom, I'm Updating the script suite I wrote for JABB, GPO & K2. The documentation for the first set instructed users to delete the Glide parameter but the Brass does sound better with the glide and it would be nice to be able to document the correct K2 setting for your programming intention for these instruments.
    BTW does the K2 player support user assignable scripts or is it locked into the scripts provided by the Library vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOSC
    BTW does the K2 player support user assignable scripts or is it locked into the scripts provided by the Library vendor.
    I would prefer not having them locked but this hasn't been discussed with NI yet (we've been busy with more pressing issues.) When this has been determined I'll try to remember to post something.

Tom

Go Back to forum