• Register
  • Help

Topic: wind chimes...

Share/Bookmark

wind chimes...

Hey everyone! I have a quick question about the "wind chimes" sound you hear in a lot of music. I'm almost positive GPO doesn't have one and i would really like to know how i can incorporate that sound in some of my music because i've become a big fan of 'em ever since i've been hearing them. Does anyone know if it's just a .wav sound people edit into their songs or what. Also if someone does know what I am talking about, do you have a piece using this sound. If what I am saying is unclear in anyway, please let me know.

Re: wind chimes...

Do a Google search on "soundfont wind chimes" or "wind chimes wave files." You will find a number of sources of wind chime sounds - some free, some commercial.

Such sounds can be triggered from a MIDI keyboard if mapped into a sample program or, as .wav, .aif, or mp3 files, edited into position within audio tracks of a sequencer or other multi track program.

Tom

P.S. Don't overlook the option of recording your own.

Re: wind chimes...

Quote Originally Posted by n3wman918
    Hey everyone! I have a quick question about the "wind chimes" sound you hear in a lot of music. I'm almost positive GPO doesn't have one and i would really like to know how i can incorporate that sound in some of my music because i've become a big fan of 'em ever since i've been hearing them. Does anyone know if it's just a .wav sound people edit into their songs or what. Also if someone does know what I am talking about, do you have a piece using this sound. If what I am saying is unclear in anyway, please let me know.

It is possible what you want is the Mark Tree? Which is in GPO (G#4).

Ed
    //
    // Ars longa, vita brevis
    // http://edosbear.blogspot.com/
    //

Go Back to forum