• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: My new GPO sound - Mozart

Share/Bookmark

My new GPO sound - Mozart

Hi,

why are the Mozart violin concertos still on the plan at every violin audition in the world?

Because it is so hard to be easy sometimes. In this music every glitch will be heard.

So it must be a good exercise to render this music and try to be as convincing as possible. Especially the strings - they have to be "sexy". Please tell me whether I was sucessful or not ...

Actually after I finished the piece I dared to compare it with a top-notch CD (Complete Works with the Scottish Chamber Orchestra) ... and man did that made me busy again, hehe ...

Mozart, Magic Flute, Der Vogelfaenger bin ich ja
    This time not for children and no, I am not singing

http://www.esnips.com//r/td/doc/0a3c...enger8_192.mp3

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Re: My new GPO sound - Mozart

This mock-up really has its moments, and at other times leaves just a little to be desired. BTW this is a great piece It is also in the Magic Flute eh? Thus the runs? (Any Freemasons in the house ?!)
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com
    Composer for videogames, film and television

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Beeson
    This mock-up really has its moments, and at other times leaves just a little to be desired.
    Sean,

thank you for listening. Would you mind to comment where exactly the desire is?

Hannes

A lot of the shorter notes in the string melody have an un-acoustic-like (Is that a word ) release to them. The bassoon in the second half is very present in the mix. Other than that, there really isn't anything that strikes me as needing something else.

Sorry, should have clarified
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com

Sean,

great, thanks for the comments. This is what brings us forward . Will look into it again tomorrow with fresh ears.

The bassoon is my replacement for the baritone that should sing this aria btw., this is why it is so present. It is meant like a concert piece now.

Hannes

Well in that case My comment about the bassoon is moot. <---(I might be misusing that word ) Oh well.
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com

But the short notes ... there are tones that give it away unnecessarily, true. As I said, Mozart is delicate, just like in real life, hehe ...

I have more objection to the piccolo runs... they seem too "attacked".
    might there be a way of slurring those notes together more?

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    I have more objection to the piccolo runs... they seem too "attacked".
    might there be a way of slurring those notes together more?
    Hi,

yes, I had issues with the attacks too. This is the only not-GPO-instrument because actually it should be Papageno's little panflute. He cannot really play, so he just tears it through his puff. I took an ethnic flute that has the ability to be detuned in quarter notes but yes, it is not dilletantish enough for make clear that it is not the piccolo ... .

Hannes

Sorry, but I can't compare this with a real recording. It sounds good, but maybe for the real experts there are some remarks necessary.

Did Papageno really used a pan flute? Or was it an Occarino?
    I am not sure if the pan flute was known in our part of the world at that time.

Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast