• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 - Problem with the missing (+)

Share/Bookmark

GS3 - Problem with the missing (+)

Hi everyone...

it´s my first post, so at first i say hello to @ll

I get my copy of LPC from Prominy yesterday.. and installed it.. all fine. I think about loading the first patch... oh its big (cause there are millions of patches and Waves in the *.gig). My machine crashes cause i tried to load up the whole thing. No Problem... ok ... i want to load only one of the patches included in one of the gig files.. and there´s my problem. I explain it with a little example.

In the Quicksound Window i normally see the files in the folder....

1-Piano.gig
    2-Guitar.gig etc...

and there´s a (+) in front of every gig which has some content in... if you press the (+) the view changes like this...

1-Piano.gig
    -Acoustic Piano
    -E- Piano
    -Rock Grand etc.

Now you can choose one of the included patches like the Rock Grand .. thats nice

My Problem : I didn´t see the (+) anymore.. since two weeks ... i miss the thing.. and have to load the complete files.. and unload the unused patches. This workaround works for some patches.. but not for the LPC thing...

Who can help me out ?

Thanks in advice

Greetz

SoniX

Re: GS3 - Problem with the missing (+)

No one ?

It´ll will help me a lot

I've never had the problem of the missing "+" signs. My feeling is that your installation is corrupted.

Why did your system crash when simply copying the LPC gig files to the hard drive? It's a very bad sign. Maybe something in GS or Windows became corrupted. Did it happen because you ran out of disk space, or is your hardware unstable?

I would recommend ensuring that your hardware is 100% solid and has enough disk space, and then re-installing from Windows on up. Maybe it's simpler than that, but I don't have enough information to recomemnd otherwise.

I'm sure that this is an old problem with an easy fix; only I can't remember it....! I think that it has something to do with typing *.gig in the database. Maybe a search will find the answer if I can't remember. Come on Jon, you're old enough to remember this one.........!

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    I'm sure that this is an old problem with an easy fix; only I can't remember it....! I think that it has something to do with typing *.gig in the database. Maybe a search will find the answer if I can't remember. Come on Jon, you're old enough to remember this one.........!

D
    If I remember correctly, it's the "show only instruments that match search" check box in File-->Gigastudio Settings-->Quicksound Tab (Should be unchecked) If it's not that, I'm sure it's in the Gigastudio Settings dialogue somewhere. Make this dialogue match this screenshot, and you should be fine. And do report back-I'd like to know.

Belbin

I just attempted to check the "show only..." box and got this message.

So there ya go. Just look for the Belbin-shaped light in the sky.

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    ...Come on Jon, you're old enough to remember this one.........!
    D
    Maybe I'm a bit too old.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Maybe I'm a bit too old.
    NO, I won't hear of it....!

D

Hey there

Thanks a lot for your replies. The thing with the screenshot can be the one i search. I will try it these days and give you all an reply.

Thanks again

Greetz

SoniX

P.S. I hope i don´t have to reinstall... cause i hate to do this. I´ve reinstalled the hole GS PC ~5 times... but now it´s stable .. except the little (+) Problem

Talking Re: GS3 - Problem with the missing (+)

@Belbin... you´re right.. i unselect the "show only.." and it works after pressing "ok"

ThX a lot for you help @all

Greetz

SoniX

Go Back to forum