• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Synful Update

Share/Bookmark

Synful Update

Hello folks. I've been lurking here for a long time, but never posted. I appreciate the resource.

Anyway, does anybody know of any Synful info update? It's been quite a while since any updates were made to their website or any posts were made here.

Thanks.

Cornel

Re: Synful Update

Check out this link. This was just posted recently

http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46051

Thanks. I did read that thread before, but considering we're already into September and no communication took place since June... Anyway, just wish we knew something more. Thanks.

Hi Folks,

The following has been posted on our website since end of July:

APOLOGY FOR BEING LATE: Those who have followed this page [www.synful.com/FutureDevelopments.htm] know that we have delayed the release of the General Improvement and Rerecording of All Instruments more than once! We sincerely apologize for this. We have in fact rerecorded almost all instruments with all kinds of articulation and all "standard" orchestral techniques -- harmonics, mutes, sul ponticello, tremolo, pizz, flutter tongues, and most importantly a very wide range of phrases with all kinds of slurs, attacks, light and heavy bowing, etc. When we began to incorporate these recordings in improved Synful instruments we found difenciencies in our underlying RPM technology. This was especially true during fast changing sounds -- horn glisses/rips, fast bowing etc. We believe we have made significant improvements to RPM over the past several months and we will move as fast as possible to get the new instruments and sounds to you. We apologize for the delay and the inconvenience. Hopefully, the wait will be worth it. Thanks for your patience, Eric Lindemann, Synful -- July 28, 2006

Lee - Synful's inventive aspect is that it uses proprietary algorithms to convert sampled waveforms (notes and phrases) into elements which can be reassembled by additive synthesis. So a significant basis for the sound is in fact the recordings.

So Eric,

Dare we ask howzit goin?? Do you have a timeframe you can share with us?

I'm also curiuos to hear about some release dates. I am impressed with this product but am waiting for the big update before plunking down the dinero.
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by Synful
    Hi Folks,

The following has been posted on our website since end of July:

APOLOGY FOR BEING LATE: Those who have followed this page [www.synful.com/FutureDevelopments.htm] know that we have delayed the release of the General Improvement and Rerecording of All Instruments more than once! We sincerely apologize for this. We have in fact rerecorded almost all instruments with all kinds of articulation and all "standard" orchestral techniques -- harmonics, mutes, sul ponticello, tremolo, pizz, flutter tongues, and most importantly a very wide range of phrases with all kinds of slurs, attacks, light and heavy bowing, etc. When we began to incorporate these recordings in improved Synful instruments we found difenciencies in our underlying RPM technology. This was especially true during fast changing sounds -- horn glisses/rips, fast bowing etc. We believe we have made significant improvements to RPM over the past several months and we will move as fast as possible to get the new instruments and sounds to you. We apologize for the delay and the inconvenience. Hopefully, the wait will be worth it. Thanks for your patience, Eric Lindemann, Synful -- July 28, 2006
    Eric, it was really good to hear about the progress at Synful . I'm so pleased to hear that you're still honing your product and it's really admirable that you have the tenacity to stick with it; against the odds at some times. I'm glad because Synful really is something different and is very special.

I do look forward to hearing the fruit of your labours.

Best regards and Good Luck

Frank

We have in fact rerecorded almost all instruments
    I take it it will be a better quality recording? If so, that's really good to hear... I think you have something special going on there too.

I cant wait to hear this!

I was thinking about Synful these days. I readed somewhere that Eric demoed the new recordings at NAMM, at least some horns and maybe something more (don't remember now)

If you are reading, Eric, could you tell us how are things developing? Which new features are going to be implemented in the new version? Will the Delay for expression have a workaround for playing live? Will it have multiple outputs, so we can EQ/compress/add reverb to instruments separatelly?

I think the new Synful, GOS2 and Arne's VSTi's are going to be the best ones in a loooong time, and I'm too excited about it!
    -Dani-

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast