• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems with Logic Express 7 and Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Problems with Logic Express 7 and Kontakt 2

i am new to kontakt and express, i would appreciate it greatly. i have been able to open up kontakt within logic with no problem, but a problem arises when i want to use multiple instruments with kontakts using different MIDI CHANNELS. I HAVE LOOKED through the threads, and did try a few things, but none have worked. please help

Re: Problems with Logic Express 7 and Kontakt 2. part 2.

i also tried this, but i dont understand HOW TO ROUTE this line to kontakt.....

below is the following.
    in the Environment create a multi instrument and cable it to the Kontakt 2 instance. Enable the channles you want to use and just add them to the Arrange page.

.... SO DOES THIS WORK AND IF SO, HOW DO I CABLE IT TO KONTAKT2

Re: Problems with Logic Express 7 and Kontakt 2

In the environment you have to create a new multi and cable it to the Kontakt instrument. Make sure all 16 check boxes are unchecked. Make sure that the multi is set to receive all midi channels. I usually name them "K2-1" for the first instance on Kontakt "K2-2" for the second (I never get past three). Then in the arrange window when you click and hold on a track a window pops up where you tell the track what you want it to be. For some reason, the multi shows up under the "Audio" section.

It gets trickier in the audio output routing. I've found it works to always send instruments out of an Kontakt output other than 1/2, because any midi volume on any of the 16 tracks will affect the volume of the instrument track. You then have to create an aux that routes Kontakt outputs 3/4 to your Logic Outs 1/2. Midi volumes on the tracks will not affect this aux.

I don't have Logic Express, so I don't know how much translates from Logic Pro.

Re: Problems with Logic Express 7 and Kontakt 2

thanks im gonna try in the morning....

Question Re: Problems with Logic Express 7 and Kontakt 2

this may seem like a stupid question but HOW EXACLTY DO YOU send the cord to kontakt????? what do i have to open up to send it out of the environment view... thats whats killing me... i click on the right plug and then what next....?

Go Back to forum