• Register
  • Help

Topic: M Audio Delta 1010 replacement/upgrade

Share/Bookmark

M Audio Delta 1010 replacement/upgrade

Hi.
    I am looking to replace my M-Audio Delta 1010 because after 6 years of intensive use it is starting to fail on me. I'm not sure whether to replace it with another one or buy one of the newer interfaces now available on the market? I have heard good things about the Echo Layla 3G and the Tascam FW 1804. My budget is approx. £300. I need an interface with at least 8 ins and 2 outs, ADAT and midi. I'm not to bothered about mic pres but am interested in the quality of the A/D D/A converters!! Has anybody had any experience with the Echo Layla 3G or Tascam FW 1804 and has anybody been able to compare these to the M Audio Delta 1010? The bottom line is I would like to know (due to technological advancements) are the A/D D/A converters of these newer units better audio quality than the older M Audio?

Re: M Audio Delta 1010 replacement/upgrade

I have an older 1010 as well as a newer RME. The RME is slightly better but noit by much, in my opinion

Jim.

What model RME interface do you have? I'm currently trying to decide between the Echo Layla 3G, MOTU Ultralite and Focusrite Saffire Pro

Ok after loads of investigating I've finally narrowed my search down to the Echo Layla 3G (+Spl Goldmike for pres), Focusrite Saffire Pro (using onboard pres) and possibly MOTU Ultralite but have heard that the drivers are very un-stable/reliable on windows!! Opinions/advice really appreciated!!

saffire!!!! Love it!

Hi. After a lot of research I've decided to go for the Echo Layla 3G and have put the let over money towards the SPL Goldmike. Managed to buy both of them for a little over £500. Will let you know how I get on!!

dickie,
    The I'm running the Gina3G card right now , and also have another computer with the RME 9652.....The RME sounds better , but not by a heck of a lot ..The 3G works well with the current drivers , and has some nice features for the $$$....The 3G also has analog ins and outs that are optional on the RME via add on's ...You do have the additional midi ports, and the additional Adat ports on the RME which is what I needed on one particular computer..Jim

Cool thanks. I went for the Layla 3G which apparently has slightly better converters than the Gina 3G and I'm extremely pleased with it. The sound quality is awesome for £279 and the drivers are rock solid on my PC. Thankyou ECHO!!

Go Back to forum