• Register
  • Help

Topic: USB Hubs ???

Share/Bookmark

USB Hubs ???

I'm running out of room on my small 80 gig external drive. I use it to stream all my Kompakt related samples. It's been great to me and I dont have any problem with it but I need more room. I'm ordering a 500 gigabyte USB 2.0 external now for more storage so here's my question. Should I transfer all my samples to this one drive or just put new samples on this drive and stream from both it and the old one through a hub. I am out of USB 2.0 ports. Or I could even buy another USB card and run more ports from that if that would be better. Any suggestions? My sound card is also USB (Tascam US-428). I'd love to internal drives for samples but it's a Dell Dimension and there isnt any more room inside for drives. I just ordered EWQL Choirs and I desperately need the drive space (37 Gigs worth I think). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Eric

Re: USB Hubs ???

If you need something external, I suggest looking into external SATA solutions (E-SATA) which should provide transfer rates which are much more suited to your needs than USB2.0 can provide.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

How does E-SATA interface with my PC?

You can get an e-SATA PCI card. Nice thing is that now there are quite a few e-SATA products appearing, including external drives having both USB2 and e-SATA interfaces. USB tops out at 400Mbps, e-SATA II can go up to 3Gbps.

http://www.cdw.com/shop/search/Resul...1&platform=all

Go Back to forum