• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trouble Installing GS 2.2

Share/Bookmark

Trouble Installing GS 2.2

Don't laugh, but I'm trying to re-install GS 96 2.2 after wiping my PC due to an infection. I get the following error during the installation:
    Failed to install the following file(s):
    C:\Program Files\NemeSys\GStudio\Components\SConv.Dll
    C:\Program Files\NemeSys\GStudio\Components\Aconv.Dll
    C:\Program Files\NemeSys\GStudio\Components\NFX1.Dll

I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2 and Norton Anti-virus 2006.

Any ideas?

Re: Trouble Installing GS 2.2

My first thought is:
    Try it with Nortons Totally Disabled ( if that's even possible ... I doubt it )

Funny, that was my immediate reaction too.

Norton is poison for your computer. Uninstall it if you CAN (it's notoriously tenacious poison), or wipe again and reinstall without it. You can use the free version of Avast which is just as effective and won't screw your computer. Then install Giga.

You'll probably find your PC runs twice as fast, too.

Thanks for the suggestions. NAV is terribly intrusive. I removed it, tried to reinstall GS 2.2, but still got the same errors. Thanks for the Avast tip. I'm using that now. I still would like to get GS installed. Is 2.2 compatible with XP SP2?

GS 2.2 isn't installation compatable with XP. My guess is you installed it under Win2K or 98 and then upgraded the machine to XP later. Rather than retrace all those steps, you can do a fresh install under XP but you'll need to start with the download and install of GS 2.50.48 from:

http://www.tascamgiga.com/support.html

After its installed, its recommended that you then download and install the 2.54 update and you should be golden.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by howardv
    GS 2.2 isn't installation compatable with XP. My guess is you installed it under Win2K or 98 and then upgraded the machine to XP later. Rather than retrace all those steps, you can do a fresh install under XP but you'll need to start with the download and install of GS 2.50.48 from:

http://www.tascamgiga.com/support.html

After its installed, its recommended that you then download and install the 2.54 update and you should be golden.

Howard
    Yes. I agree.

Thanks. The 2.50 got me up and running. However, Tascam didn't send me a registration key so far (2 days). So, I'm wondering if something is wrong. Any thoughts?

Go Back to forum